All reviewsmangohowler monkeyscosta ricaother guestshonesty barfresh fruitperfect stayplaya peladahome away from homelovely hostsclose friendsonly stayed one nightgreat pooleach morningbreakfast was deliciousan adventurerocking chairs
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Our third trip to Nosara and second to Villa Mango: I won't repeat the other reviews, just make a couple of comments. Walking, i.e. no car (see below), IS possible if you are fit. We 'only' give 4 stars for location: three because it is set back a little away from the main 'beach' centre, but five stars as this means it's higher up and has amazing views - so average 4. Unusual bad weather needed a change of plans and Jo and Aynes - we count them as friends as well as hosts - were as helpful as ever. As a result we flew in and had no car.... means a lot of walking but it IS manageable: the deserted and moon-less beach we visited twice to watch the flourescence in the waves.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrisbaz
Reviewed 30 November 2010

anges and joe do a wonderful job keeping guests happy and cared for at villa mango. the view is breathtaking, the room was very clean and atmosphere was warm and welcoming.
i would go back for sure...and i would highly recommend villa mango to anyone going to nosara.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank lioness6
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I won't repeat what's in other reviews -- it's all true: the rooms, the ambiance, the breakfast, the views ... and especially the hospitality. My daughter and I had been on the road over two weeks, staying in lodges, hostels, B&Bs, hotels. She was familiar with the routine and took it in with typical teenage nonchalance. Then we arrived in Nosara, with no reservations, dirty and road-weary, and found Villa Mango. It was indeed like being welcomed into a dear friend's home -- so different from the usual experience, that when we left for dinner my daughter suddenly looked confused. "Should we tell them where we're going?" she asked me. "And when to expect us back?" Yep, felt like home to her!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank missmyvw
Reviewed 29 July 2010

My 17-year old son and I had the good fortune to stay at Villa Mango on our trip to Costa Rica. We appreciated the suggestions and advice from Agnes & Joe about Nosara. We had many interesting conversations while also having quiet time to relax and enjoy the environment. Our days started just right with a really nice breakfast before we got going. We even saw a coati and an armadillo while at Villa Mango ! Thanks again Agnes & Jo !

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank JasonDM22
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This place is the perfect getaway! I work in the hotel industry and you cannot beat this experience.
Villa Mangos has all the ingredients that you need to have a tru Costa Rican adventure. The hosts are amazing and super hospitable, the view is breath taking during the day and also at night, especially if you are lucky enough to be there during a full moon. You can see the 2 things that probably took you to Costa Rica in the first place, jungle and ocean...you can touch them both from the deck!
The rooms are spacious and very clean and you can't beat a day at the pool with the view I just described.
I went there last with a couple of mates and had an amazing time. Next year I am getting married in Costa Rica and will go back to Villa Mangos for more...I can't wait!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends