All reviews pool bar air con toasties salad different cultures decent shower minute walk hot dog sausages beach mins very nice stay rooms are basic great holiday certain times studio apartment the pool area is clean all inclusive food spent weeks
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Great hotel,all staf are so friendly,but special thanks for Marija who works in kitchen and for Rimi who works in bar.
Food all the time was so delicious,we stayed for 10days and all days food was great.
All inclusive system also great,beer so good and cold also there was other drinks ice creams and snacks
Definitely would back here and can recomend to others

also on the way to sea is snacks shop"Meet Mext" here you can drink cold drinks and try good food for good price,best wishes George

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Modestas N
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Last year was our 2nd year in this family hotel. Lovely clean room with balcony. Only 5mins walk to the beach, and 15mins walk to Crete National Aquarium. Simple and fresh food, no problem with any dietary requirements. I had gluten free diet and there is plenty of choice in the hotel. Most of all friendly staff making sure you have a nice time during your stay. Nothing is trouble for them. Lea - receptionist, always smiles, happy to help with advise for where to go or what to do around in Gouves.Maria is a little gem in the restaurant. Dina will welcome you with the cheeky smile around swimming pool bar. BTW Rimi - barman does best cocktails in the town. We tried a few of them ;0) We are looking forward to staying with them 3rd year in October.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SvetlanaG566
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I am not one to complain and moan but.....
We have just returned from a 10 night all inclusive stay at Klio.
The Hotel itself was very basic, rooms were not cleaned to an acceptable standard, sheets were only changed if you stripped the bed yourself, furniture was old and dated, drawers were painted shut! Bathroom tiny. Food was ok but there wasn’t enough choice especially at breakfast. Considering it is an all inclusive hotel the drink selection was extremely poor, it only included Pills lager, ouzo and brandy. The soft drinks were awful you could tell they were very cheap. We did buy some branded soft drinks from the on site shop for the children to then be told they were not allowed to drink them in the bar area.......
The pool is small but at the same time adequate, I never saw it being cleaned though. On two occasions when getting some sun beds there were lots of glasses, plates and cups that had still not been cleared up from the evening before.

The receptionist Maria was lovely and very welcoming, the lady in the dining room was lovely too, nothing was too much for her, she was so friendly. The evening barman was not a friendly chap, we felt that no matter what we did he would have something to say about it.

All in all a bit of a disappointing holiday, we had looked forward to it for such a long a long time. It is safe to say we will not be returning to Klio. We felt let down.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank mrsawingy
Reviewed 17 July 2018

I'd like to leave my feedback for 5 star customer service for Klio Apart Hotel in Kato Gouves, Heraklion 700 14, Crete, Greece, in regards to an employee by the name of Maria X. I suggest her boss give her a salary raise :-), and even if I have not yet been a guest, I can't wait to be a guest !! :-)

The short story:
A friend of mine planned a stay at the Hotel with her 2 kids and friend. Her check-in was the same day of her birthday. I decided to plan a surprise- a simple bouquet of flowers.
I called Maria and she was (is) amazing in helping me with this. She suggested a nice Flower Shop close by (ANEMONA Florist - Kato Gouves, the bouquet was wonderful...thanks guys!), she ordered the flowers for me, she printed out my message (color print!) for my friend, she set up the bouquet in the room with a complimentary bottle of wine and gift for the "celebrated". Maria, "of course" sent me pics of the surprise !
It seemed to me that Maria X. was way more excited than me in planning this nice surprise! The only thing left she could have done is tell me "Don't worry, I'll take care of the bill" :-)
This is an example of an amazing SIX stars customer service. If an employee takes this much care of a "non-guest", I can only imagine how nice and relaxing a couple of weeks spent at the Klio Apart Hotel would be!
Thank you so much, Maria. I've already had a chance to thank you, but I'd like to thank you once again, hoping a lot of people will read about my experience.
Grazie.
Micky

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank 2611Micky
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Pleasant enough hotel,good warm pool and kids pool,limited sun loungers .Food is more like a works canteen,had to eat out alot of times.the Wi-fi is absolutely terrible,even at the reception it doesn't work properly,kids really struggle with the food and lack of Wi-Fi.Rooms are freshend up everyday apart from Sunday.staff are good and freindly.All inclusive drinks are a joke...white and red wine,brandy,ouzo and a 4.5% local lager.Vanila, strawberry and chocolate Ice cream and milkshakes are available twice a day for one hour .Rooms are basic,tv has bbc news and one kids channel.Beds are comfortable.Room had an old style fridge with small freezer in it.Kettle,two ring camping style hob and a few pots and dishes.Air con is an extra €6 a day.portable fans are available upon request.Good beach a small pleasant walk away,plenty of car/quad bike hire,restuants and bars about,good shops for nice quality fake designer clothes at great prices. Heraklion market in my view was rubbish and a waste of time,was 80% fruit and fish. When you come out of the Klio hotel heading down to the beach there is place called (Meet Meat) two minutes away that looks a bit run down but the food is five star and very cheap !!! It's also on TripAdvisor and facebook.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family