All reviews coromandel town private balcony main room great position new zealand fish and chips room was spacious separate bedroom helpful hosts fully equipped kitchen glass of wine stayed one night short drive deck sunset units motel
Reviewed 19 March 2013

we travelled round nz for 25 days and this hotel was the best accommodation we stayed in We were made to feel welcome, the views were fantastic The only negative comment is that we only stayed one night wish we had stayed longer

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This motel has a wonderful quiet location overlooking the old harbour and bay. The rooms were clean and well equipped. The hosts were very friendly and helpful especially telling us about the lovely walk into town. The scenery and walks are amazing locally. Check out the fish and chips on the Motel side of town .. they were the best we had in NZ.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Found the hotel through using tripadvisor, and I have to say all the positive comments about this place are spot on.

Wonderful location, with great views over the bay that truly are breath taking. The accommodation is well though out and tastefully decorated with a level of cleanliness that is in a word impeccable.

We initially intended on only staying a night or so, but ended up spending the entire rest of our time on the Coromandel peninsular here, as it was just too beautiful to leave.

Leanne and Des were fantastic and thoroughly amazing hosts. Jumping in there wonderful spa each evening was a great way to relax after a day fishing, hiking and just general sight seeing.

A highlight for me, was eating breakfast and dinner on the balcony (that I believe almost all the rooms have?) with wonderful warm evenings. It was fantastic eating tea out there, and watching the sunset, then relaxing into the evening with a cold rum and cola (PURE MAGIC)

Will be recommending this place to everyone I know, and look forward to when myself and my wife can get back there again to relax in a little slice of heaven.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were fantastic. Id be very surprised if you can find any down sides to any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Harbour View Motel does not view over a Harbour but a beautiful bay in NZ where mussels and oysters reign. A lovely place with terrific hosts that make you feel welcome immediately. The rooms are clean and have all the amenities you need. The walk to the town over the hills is fantastic and gives you stunning views. A major place to go! From 0 to one of my favorites

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank jollenl
Reviewed 19 February 2013

In the last half century or so, I reckon I've stayed in 800 or more hotels and motels. And if there is one that I'd choose to be marooned in, this is it. The view from each of the six units is amazing, making it a pleasure to draw back the curtains in the morning. The units themselves are spacious, with a queen bed in the large main room and two singles in the bedroom. There is a very complete kitchen with two rings (no oven but there is a microwave) and a more than adequate shower room. Each unit has a balcony with that amazing sea view. (Note that there is a seventh, smaller unit that I cannot comment on).

This was our fourth or fifth visit. We stayed ten nights, but would have stayed longer -maybe for ever - if it hadn't been full. Since our last visit, there are new owners, and Lianne could not have been more welcoming, friendly or helpful. She and Des are new to the hospitaliy business, but are naturals.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple