6,739 results
All reviews lazy river kids club swim up bar water slides coconut bay the grill st lucia adult pool atlantic side buffet restaurant a la carte restaurants something for everyone entertainment staff all ages long flight main restaurant turtle grass
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We are staying in the concierge Harmony Oceanview Suites. First of all I should compliment our housekeeper, Giselle. She does a wonderful and has been making me smile the whole time by her towel creations! (Including hanging a hanging monkey) The accommodations are very adequate, not the fanciest I have ever had, but because I am in there to take showers and sleep, I'm very pleased with them.

We have dealt quite a bit with concierge and have to compliment Arsham. He went way above and beyond for us. We rented a car and were trying to get to Howelton Estate. They create Batik fabric which is a favorite of mine and were trying to figure out how to get there. He printed out maps for me, called to get further directions, and sat with me giving me detailed instructions. I can't say enough good things about Arsham's professionalism and how helpful he was to us.

I would be totally remiss if I didn't mention the entertainment department! There are several great people in the entertainment department, however, two of them are over the top! Sam, is the diva of all divas! She is a class act all the way with the moves of a true Diva! (In 6 inch heels mind you!) Not only is a she an unbelievable performer, she is also great with the children. From past experiences, Diva's are usually all about show, Sam is completely different. She is definitely a show person, but she is also truly a great woman. A perfect combination to be sure. A true asset to Coconut Bay.

The next performer that needs to be mentioned is Kirby. He is the most fun-filled entertainer I have met in a long time. He has charisma that isn't found in most performers. He can be a reggae king, or a Michael Jackson double. He can dance, sing, perform and do acrobatics! He truly is sensational! He is as good with children as he is with adults. He gets the whole crowd involved and always has a smile on his face. Everyone seems to love him! We most certainly do!

The entertainment for the most part has been very good. They have at least two performers per night. The lobby always has some type of entertainment early in the evening. They set the pace for the evening getting people out on the dance floor.

We have eaten at every venue at Coconut Bay. All the food has been very good. No complaints with food quality. The specialty restaurants can be a bit tough to get into. Two of them have dress codes which we noticed isn't necessarily adhered to - (wish the dress code was more strict) My advice is to make you restaurant reservations as soon as you arrive. A couple of nights we had late reservations. We went to the restaurant early and they took us in early. (A blessing for us)

Now for the beach! I have read so many negative reviews on the beach - not so true. Yes, there is turtle grass in the water. They clean the beach constantly so the beach is clean. A big surprise - the snorkeling on Paradise Beach is actually good! My husband has been snorkeling every day and has really enjoyed himself. We went on a snorkeling excursion and my husband said the snorkeling is better on Paradise Beach. Check it out!

The staff is extremely friendly at Coconut Bay. Some of the bartenders are truly a joy! They are funny and entertaining and make some great drinks. I can't say enough positive things about them.

As someone that has traveled extensively, I truly believe you can't go wrong with Coconut Bay. It is truly 5 minutes from the airport, yet the planes coming and going aren't intrusive. The resort has four pools, two adult and two for families. They are clean and well maintained. Our only complaint is that children (including children under two years old are in the hot tubs) I guess parents don't know how dangerous it is for young children to be in hot tubs. There is a sign that says you have to be 16 to be in the hot tub, but parents allow their children to go in at very young ages. The adult hot tub is not as hot and there tend to be smokers in the area which we don't enjoy being around. It can be disappointing at times to see 15 kids in the hot tub when they are all under the age of 16! Other than that one issue, I feel that Coconut Bay is a great resort for families as well as adults!

Room tip: If you are adults, a concierge Harmony Jr. Suite is a great option.
2  Thank Diane N
Zachary F, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Diane,
I have to say you review is detailed and well laid out. I think all your points are spot on. From Sam the diva to Kirby and everyone else in between.

I agree with you about the hot tub, with signs in place, i tend to not want to get into the parenting thing as everyone knows best for there child. But I agree with you, that a Hot tub should be for 16 and older.

Thank you for the great acknowledgment on the snorkeling of the beach at Paradise. I have not spent much time in the water since I am always running around, but I am glad to hear it had a lot to offer. Did your Husband see the PBY -from WW II that crashed of our beach 70 plus years ago?

Thank you for the review, hope to see you back

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough about the overall experience. First off, St. Lucia is a beautiful island. In terms of the resort... from the ease of the airport transfer to the warm greeting upon arrival, to the pools, beaches (which were better than expected based on some reviews. A short walk down the beach to paradise beach where they have the resort beach bar and lots hammocks and lounge chairs... just a beautiful spot) entertainment, drinks, food and especially the staff. Everyone was amazing... but a special shout out to Jessica (Jessie) who bonded with the whole family at the pool and even got a hug out of my 13-year old daughter who said that one of things she’d miss the most was seeing her every day. If you do one of the excursions... Shabee is a great driver and guide! As he would say, one perfect love! As I’ll say here... this was one perfect trip!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Offertano,
Good morning,
This is such a beautiful morning, and to read this makes me and the staff smile. The island is truly beautiful and as you pointed out the staff. I do agree with you, the beach is great! And when people tell me the beach is small, I often wonder if they ever walked up to Paradise Beach. That location is amazing indeed with the hammocks and all.

Jessie is such a special emoployee, I often hear about her and how the guest and children just take to her.

As for Shabee! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, One perfect Love!! He is the BEST.

Safe Travels, and thank you for this review

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Me and my family have just returned from this hotel and I can honestly say it was an amazing holiday from start to finish. I was there celebrating my 50th birthday with my family and we can't fault anything about this hotel or its staff. The food and service was excellent in all the restaurants and the hotel. A special mention has to go to Arshan on the concierge team who looked after us all the way through and also to Giselle from housekeeping who did amazing towel arrangements that greeted us when back to our room every evening. I would definitely recommend anyone to visit this hotel with all the pools, restaurants and amenities available.

Room tip: Junior suite conceige harmony which is on the adults only side
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nikki F

NikkiF,
YOU ROCK! Happy Birthday!!! And you know 50 is the new 30! So enjoy!

I want to personally thank you for the review and the shout outs to the staff. I always say it, the staff is the most amazing team I have ever worked with!! They make the hotel, and are truly the ones that create memories for all the guest.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This resort far exceeded my expectations! I was very impressed with the high quality of accommodations that we had here. We were here on our Honeymoon and we had a oceanview junior suite on the Harmony side which was well worth the upgrade from the deluxe room, very spacious and modern. The staff here are super friendly and caring, really enjoyed the service we got from our housekeeper, Shirley, who made sure everything in our room was perfect and that we were comfortable. Our first night we had not so comfy sheets, after leaving her a note we had much more comfortable sheets for the rest of our holiday. Very impressed with the dining options, the buffet surprised me the most. Different options every night and a wide selection to choose from. We dined at two of the Ala Carte restaurants which were great experiences. I do recommend making reservations as soon as you arrive otherwise your choice of times may be limited. Having an adult's only pool and bar was awesome, quiet and relaxing! I've read a couple of reviews ranting about the children, if you don't want to listen to kids screaming and having fun, book a Harmony room or hang out at the Harmony pool. What was nice also this resort is only a 2 minute drive from the airport, no need to deal with the windy roads of St. Lucia (and don't worry most flights leave in a 1 hour window in the afternoon so need to deal with the noise at night). We traveled at a couple with no kids but from what I saw there is a ton of things for the kids to do from the waterpark and lazy river to the kids clubs. There is wifi in the rooms but found it to be really slow, it was much faster in the lobby (you shouldn't be on the internet during holidays anyways). I would recommend this resort in a heartbeat to anyone whether as a couples holiday or as a family!

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the lobby, much quieter
1  Thank Brad N
Zachary F, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Brad N,
Spot on! I wish to simply say thank you for the assessment of the resort. The staff is an amazing bunch indeed. I know they love their work, and are so genuine in how they interact with the guest.

The Culinary team has worked diligently on new menus and I know that is evident based on your review.

Thank you again for the review, Hope to see yo again

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Thank you Mia and the staff for making our stay so pleasant!

The staff are the most friendly and accommodating we have met. The resort is outstanding and the food was just perfect.

My only advice would be to the GM, Zachary - take some tips from staff around customer service. Zachary was quite rude to my husband on our arrival. We have just landed from an 8 hour flight and were advised check in is at 2pm and we will have our room key in 20mins and we should go have some lunch and return. 30mins later after being fed and watered we returned wanting to get out of our winter clothes and freshen up, we were then told it will be a further 30mins so we went for a walk, sat by the pool and returned back. At this point we were told to wait a further 30mins (two other families arrived the same time as us and had already been given their room keys). This is when we requested to speak to the GM as we were tired and at that point slightly fed up. My husband requested what the resort will be doing to compensate for this major lack of communication and major delay in our room and the response was it is not his or the resorts fault the communication was poor and we should be grateful that we had been offered lunch and looked after. The room was suddenly ready at this point. The GM should have realised we have been travelling for around 12 hours and the last thing anyone wants to to be given constant false expectations.

At this point, Mia was empathetic and tried her best to get the room ready for us. The rest as they say is history.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank ashi29

Ashi29,
I hope you and Raj are well. I recall the situation much different, but thats not important. I am very happy the staff and the resort was able to meet and exceed your expectations.