Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Charlton House
Review Highlights
Spa break

Lovely interesting hotel lots of history. We were in room 18 you have to go outside and walk down a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Dorsetsbest
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
via mobile
Lovely spa day and afternoon tea

Lovely day got gorgeous pools, very friendly. Two lovely treatments massage and facial included in... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Camcsl
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews steam room hot tub afternoon tea scalp massage swedish massage my partner beautiful surroundings return again seating area relaxing break deluxe room outdoor jacuzzi mini break full body evening meal robes and slippers food was fantastic
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I went doday with my friend for a spa day, it was fabulous, the treatment was so relaxing and the staff were excellent Thank you

Date of experience: March 2018
Guillaume L, General Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Charlton House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review and your kind words on the team. They will be be very pleased to have contributed to a great day.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

A very professional service by all staff. Great customer service and very clean.
Beautiful rooms and the Moroccan themed spa was Devine.
A very pretty hotel and grounds.

Date of experience: March 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review and comment, glad to hear that you enjoyed the Moorish decor.
We look forward to welcoming back very soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I only picked this place because it was a central from me and the other 3 girls I was meeting, but we will definitely go back. The place was beautiful inside and out, the treatments were excellent, the food was very good (great steak), and the staff were very lovely. Would love to back for a couple of nights to enjoy the outside space a bit more.

Date of experience: March 2018

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Should definitely come during the nicer weather and enjoy the large double sun bed on the lawn!
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Had amazing day today at the spa with my partner my first visit to a spa and partners second visit!! Found the spa very friendly small but very well maintained with everything you would need felt the building and surrouds had alot of history and added to the experience . We both enjoyed ourselves so much and cant wait to return again maybe to check out an overnight stay or some food.. dont believe the reviews saying bit dated. This is due to premises being a very old building and is the best thing about the spa .. the sauna steam room pools and everything are excellent !! Thanks for a lovely day..

Date of experience: March 2018

Thank you so much for your kind comments and your support. I am so glad that you had an amazing day.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

We arrived on the first day just before 1pm, which is when you can start using the spa before checking in. The lady at the desk allowed us to check in 2 hours early and upgraded our room from a standard to deluxe. The room was very spacious and had a nice bathroom.
We were given free bath robes & slippers (to wear around the hotel but not take away), which was nice but they were very standard in size. Neither my robe or slippers fit at all, but my girlfriends kind of did. The slippers make walking around on the floor a bit slippery if they get wet. I did ask for a bigger robe, and they said they would deliver it to my room, but it never came.
We ordered an afternoon tea to share (thought it is meant for one person), which was £19, but added another cup of tea so we could both have a drink. It came to £25 total, which was very much on the expensive side for the amount of food you got.
The spa was nice, although the main pool was a little small.
The massage treatment was very relaxing and felt professional.
The evening meal came included, but we chose to upgrade to a steak meal for £5 extra, which was a nice option to have. The food itself was good, although my girlfriend asked for a "medium" steak and it was very much "well done". They also had a mishap with the oven, which meant we were waiting 30 mins for the dessert.
The breakfast the next morning was also inclusive and was also quite nice, with a lot of choice and free extras.
Overall it was a very nice experience, but not perfect. I would recommend it to anyone looking to get away for a day or 2. The prices for the package in total (£110) was very reasonable considering the competition.

Date of experience: March 2018
Guillaume L, General Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa - Charlton House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for your email and latest review. I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet our usual high standards that we aim to deliver to our most valued guest. Your comments have been passed on to the rest of the team and rest assured that actions to remedy this shortfall have been implemented. We do carry XXL robes and large footwear they can be obtained on request at the Spa Reception, I am sorry that this was not the case on this occasion.
We hope that you will choose to stay with us again very soon.