All reviews room was clean on arrival liquid soap parking facilities quorn sausages the ground floor small bathroom full english breakfast was excellent lovely shower shower and toilet per day b and b kippers excellent stay muesli fruit juice
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Lovely hotel with friendly welcome. Bags taken to room. Room large, clean and tidy. Small bathroom, but that was no problem - very clean. Nearly missed breakfast as had mis-read the times, but they couldn't have been more helpful and cooked us breakfast even though we were late. Fantastic place, right near the beach and a lovely 30 minute walk into Brighton with some lovely pubs and bars in the area.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mandy A
Reviewed 26 December 2017

Warm welcome on Christmas day, bags taken to room.Room was clean with modern bathroom,nice hot shower.
Room spotless with clean bedding and towels, bed comfortable.Excellent breakfast,good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The room wasverry durst and the bathroom was not cleaned after you used it and no shower soaps Breck first was ok can't recommend
to others ,tolet flush kepted sticking and window in room was mouldy and leaking

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Stayed here last night whilst moving my daughter into student accommodation. A little strange checking in on Sunday afternoon and no staff there at all, just a printed note on reception door informing me of my allocated room, access code to front door, key to my room and details re WiFi password. My room was excellent however, ground floor, very clean and comfortable, mattress firm. Swift and consistent WiFi, fan in room,( I like some air at night and did not want to leave the windows open being ground floor). Hairdryer, safe, iron and ironing board in the room.
Bathroom consisted of shower and toilet, sink in the bedroom.Small, very clean, body wash / plentiful towels provided. Liquid soap provided for sink. No shampoo or conditioner provided so make sure that you take your own.
Very quiet overnight and excellent quality of sleep had.
I had the full English breakfast which was cooked to order, hot and tasty however not sure that the ' premium' sausage was premium quality and the black pudding as advertised on the menu was missing. Fresh mushrooms and tomato, good bacon. Breakfast offers a Quorn sausage for vegetarians / kippers?, alongside the mushrooms, tomato, hash browns, baked beans, however choice for vegans would be limited.
I believe that parking permits for the road are available at a cost of five pounds per day, plus other parking facilities nearby? ( I travelled by train so no first-hand experience of this)
Overall, an excellent b and b, ideal for a stopover for parents moving children into uni accommodation. If you don't mind staying in Hove rather than the centre of Brighton then really really good value, about 2 minutes walk into Hove with a variety of shops, bars, restaurants etc, took approx 20 minutes stroll along the seafront from the Lion and Lobster pub back to Seafield House. I really enjoyed my stay here, manager and person cooking breakfast were absolutely lovely. Would HIGHLY recommend and will definitely stay here again when next visiting Brighton/ Hove

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesley C
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I booked a stay and needed to cancel, within free cancellation time, The whole cost had been removed from my account 12 days prior to stay (£1495). I waited 10 days for refund, and then contacted asking if there was any danger I might be refunded ( I was annoyed ).
I was advised by Manager that ' credit card details are automatically deleted after payments are taken' and that I needed to re supply those details.
HOW CAN THEY EVER REFUND IF THEY DELETE THE DETAILS, HOW MANY PEOPLE DO NOT NOTICE THE MONEY HAS NOT COME BACK?. ONE IS TOO MANY!!! It was over 3 weeks before my refund arrived.
I was also only met with rudeness , cynicism and lack of any acknowledgement of their mistake or an apology .
When dealing with the public / customers who are upset , professionals should act in a Professional manner, not in the way this man did
I advise , avoid this Hotel and its unprofessional manager

Room Tip: As we did not stay due to cancellation, the problems we had with getting our refund we say choose another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple