“Wow lovely cream tea !”

Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We visited as it was a gift for afternoon tea.The tea was a good quality and we had a good selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes.From the moment we walked through the door the customer service was excellent . An added bonus when we left was as part of our deal we got 4 cakes to takeaway. These were cakes to die for and of high quality, just looking at the shop frontage and cake window display will tempt you inside.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

My wife and I had walked along the seafront from Brighton and we're just looking for somewhere to have a cuppa.

We saw Patisserie Valerie and that there was outdoor seating. As it was a sunny August morning, we chose to sit outside. Warning, this is not a peaceful location on the busy Western Road!

The tea here is good quality and the service was quick... To begin with. When it came to getting the waiter's attention to pay, service did seem to slow up a bit but we don't know how busy it was inside.

None-the-less, a pleasant place to stop off and looking at the beautiful cakes through the window, I don't know how we avoided temptation!

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Patisserie Valerie has gone the way of so many fabulous places that seek to expand hugely (I presume but don't know, by means of franchises), trading on their original reputation. We decided to have lunch here because I remembered the site from many years ago when it was a great deli/restaurant and finding it was now a PV thought that it should be ok. How wrong we were! I had the omelette and my companion the croque monsieur. Both were rubbery, synthetic tasting and very overcooked - to the point of being barely edible. Both were accompanied by a handful of wilted salad leaves with bottled (and horrible) salad dressing. The staff were friendly but unable to deal with the problem. There are so many great places to eat nearby so I would suggest giving this one a body swerve!

2  Thank Argent66
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Two - visits. The first wonderful friendly service. The second a month later a bit abrupt & service slower.
The double expresso's were the best - full of flavour & a kick. The Cakes are to die for - a work of art that tastes fantastic & just slides down.
Not cheap but worth treating yourself. The only problem.... my waist line...!
Being a qualified "cake" devourer all I can say is "push the boat out & enjoy yourself".

Reviewed 1 December 2017

I took my Mum for Cream Tea and when we arrived it was cold so
Had keep our coats on, the tables had no Table Cloth on, the finger sandwiches were very sparse with filling!! One only had cucumber in. We was told we could take 4 pieces away from the menu but then told couldn’t have the Fruit Tarts only the sickly cream cakes
But states Any 2 for £5. Not worth £25 I’m afraid very disappointed with the Atmosphere here.

3  Thank debidozi