“What a meal!!!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Wife did the research and had booked a table. Three of us in total. When we got there it was hectic, noisy and bustling. For me a good sign, as if it had been empty and quiet I might have worried.

Bottle of well chilled Retsina ordered, and a sharing plate to start. Our server was very helpful, offering guidance on what to mix and match, and what would go best with the various main courses we were ordering.

I chose the Stifado, nice big chunks of well cooked Beef, in a thick rich sauce, begging to be mopped up with the leftover bread from the starter. My son had the meatballs, which he seemed to inhale, they were that good. My wife had a second order of our Beetroot starter.

The food was excellent, the atmosphere loud (just as you might expect a Greek restaurant / meal to be) the service seamless and effortless. Our host taking time to come and chat and have a laugh and joke with us.

It really is one of those places that you feel instantly at home in. Am looking forward to a return visit.

Only slight downside was that we were sitting right by the door, so every time it opened, there was a gust of wind, but the wark inviting atmosphere more than made up for it.

The dining room is not too big, and they do two sittings, so best to phone up and make a reservation.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Surveyor47

Reviewed 2 August 2017

My wife was here a few years earlier with a larger group, and now I understand why she wanted to return for a romantic dinner. It's just a restaurant where everything feels right. The waiter/owner was breaking in a new waitress with zero experience on her first day while serving us, and his directions and everything felt nice and natural. Excellent food and service. I totally recommend this, it's so worth a walk or taxi ride from downtown Brighton

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This was our 3rd visit to Archipelagos, again great food, I had the fresh grilled seabass, delicious, my husband had the moussaka and cod with garlic mash potato, it is difficult to choose everything sounds/looks delicious, they tapas sizes are very good portions and great value, lovely friendly staff, excellent service.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Cinema tickets were booked for 7pm and it was going to be a late finish. We decided to eat early and keep it quick, light, filling and tasty.

Archipelagos has always been a delightful place to eat, it has a warm atmosphere and a mouthwatering menu.

We booked a table for 5pm (the time it opened). Keeping it light, we ordered meze option, which is varied and full of wonderful dishes (it was hard to 'order light' as the menu was extensive). The food was hot, tasty and came out quick.

Standouts - The deep-fried whitebait was notably delicious, the spinach and cheese parcels reminded me days spent on Skiathos and the deep-fried feta was decadent.

Service was friendly and jolly, with a personal touch. We ordered a Macedonian rosé to go with our meal which was crisp and fruity.

Overall we had an enjoyable, relaxing and pleasant visit, with a side order of friendly Greek αστεϊσμός. Reasonably priced, good value and authentically styled setting.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I went with my family and ate very tasty food and it was a very pleasant occasion thanks to the guru-faced staff.Absolutely headed and ouzo

1  Thank Arzu G