See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2016

The Boekanier was better than we expected! Room was a great size, clean, and comfy beds. Breakfast was included in our price and it was delicious. Basket of variety of breads, plate of sliced cheese and meat (they brought me a special plate with tomatoes and cucumbers since I'm vegetarian), yogurt, boiled egg, bowl of fresh fruit, orange juice and coffee or tea. Filled us right up. Our room was extremely warm, we never did ask for a fan but they probably had one. Staff was super friendly and very accommodating. Would definitely go back. Loved staying in Vrouwenpolder and renting bikes, we biked to Dumburg for the day where we had found hotel prices to be much higher than Vrouwenpolder. Dunburg was much busier. Beach is super close to the Boekaneir, maybe a 10 minute walk. Steep stairs up to the room so if you have trouble with stairs you may need to find a main floor elsewhere.

Room tip: Room 9 is really hot, maybe it's above the kitchen.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Small town ,typical netherlands, lovely, calm restaurant wundervoll! Near to the beach, supermarket, baker, restaurants, chance t o rent a bicycle , small shops,....and a very good breakfast...I'll come back

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2016

It was a nice stay, especially in the family room !We think the clearness in the flat was not so good. Breakfast was very good! The personal was friendly and helpful.The hotel is nicely decorated especially the restaurant area!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Briljant food and the best staff any owner could wish for and I know!.The village is lovely like ever village in Zeeland it's all about rest,wind and sun.I would't go there in the winter because then it's boring but in the summer its lovely to stay there.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2016

This hotel/restaurant serves lovely meals and serves the best Dutch Applepie! I can tell because I'm Dutch!
Owners and staff are lovely and make you feel very welcome.
Room and en-suite were large and nicely decorated. Bathroom had a bath and a separate shower.
Very convenient located in the centrum of the village and a bicycle rent-out place opposite.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple