All reviews stayed here beautiful place nice atmosphere a bit overpriced abbey church twin beds home brewed beer abbey beer history conference building feeling border wifi hairdryer sink comfort
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights over the Easter weekend. The hotel is in a beautiful setting and only 15-20 minutes walk from the centre on Kerkrade. However, on balance I would not stay here again as the poor quality mattress on the bed put my back out. This meant I was in a lot of pain, and could barely walk for 1 day of our holiday.

The hotel staff did their best to help out, and put a plank under the mattress for us. They even offered for us to switch rooms if the problem was not resolved. However, the damage was already done and our weekend was rather spoiled by this.

Also a tip if you do decide to stay .... bring an eye mask to sleep in if you like a dark room! We were in a room at the front of the hotel, where there are bright lights to illuminate the building. Our curtains did not come to the bottom of the window so as you can imagine it was still rather bright.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Veronique E, Public Relations Manager at Abdij Rolduc, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello Anita, I am sorry to hear that you didn't sleep very well. Thanks for your comment, I will send it to our direction, so we can discuss about it in a meeting!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

We brought 54 people and made official confirmed for a reservation of 26 double rooms and 2 single rooms. But booked 1 extra room without sending me any confirmation or checking with me. They refuse to give me any refund and they even charged city tax for this room with no people.

Room tip: very small windows and old ugly toilet, small lift doesn't work
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Veronique E, Public Relations Manager at Abdij Rolduc, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hello Mr. Hu, we have already send you an email about your reservation. Please check your inbox. Greetings, Abdij Rolduc.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

One of the most beautiful sites in Kerkrade and surrounding cities. Always nice to visit Rolduc, but especially around Cristmas it is a very nice place to visit.
There is a Cristmas Market inside the building in the weekends before Christmas, a good alternative to the typical German Christmas Markets if the weather is bad.

Don't forget to visit the church. Key is available at the reception.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here in July and had a serious accident after a security light failed in a stairwell. I had to unfortunately return for 4 nights after my accident in a wheelchair and despite asking twice regarding an accident/incident form, no one followed up. On return to my home country I emailed and still didn't get an answer. I was really disappointed that no one contacted me and the seriousness of the accident meant a medical flight home. I thought they would have at least checked on me as their light failure caused 2 broken ankles.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Veronique E, Sales department at Abdij Rolduc, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear mrs. Debz,

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed. Could you please give us your e-mailadress? I will ask our Director to contact you.

Friendly greetings,

Veronique Eggen (Sales & Marketing)

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I got invited to a project meeting to this place. It is a major difference to other conference hotels. I enjoyed the nice atmosphere within the historic ambient of the Abdij Rolduc. It is definitely a place to recommend.

Date of stay: October 2017