All reviewsclose to the airporttrain stationsurrounded by treesapprox eurosadds to the charmmini fridgemin walkbooked this hotelhotel restaurantbarcelona cityweddingstopover
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Worst experience of my life. In their website it says 10 minute from the airport but not it takes more like 20 minutes and Eur 25 each way. Had I known I would have booked a hotel with shuttle services or in barcelona where I could have used the express bus to city center. This hotel is located in the middle of no where. On a Monday night there is a Halloween party with loud music. The staff left a card saying they are sorry and it will go on till 3am. I have a flight at 8am tomorrow. I feel completely ripped off!! the only reason I booked this cursed place was to get some sleep so I can take my flight tomorrow. I could have had a better chance sleeping the floor at a El prat airport. The bed is lumpy and lopsided. How could they take money from people for this torture??? Of all the places I have stayed this is the hotel where everything is wrong!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
CASTELLSANTBOI, Propietario at Hotel El Castell, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Dear Nii,

We are sorry for not being the hotel near the airport that you were expecting. Our location is between 10 and 20 minutes from the airport, but it will always depend on the traffic. There is a direct express bus stop to the airport close to the hotel.
More over, the night of October 31 is a special night, because of the Halloween celebration, for that reason we warn of it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

M. Carmen Bertran

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

A quiet hotel and clean but unfortunately the staff are not to be trusted esp.cleaning staff as a new bottle of very expensive perfume was taken from my bag. I had the bag closed and zipped and it was still taken so brazenly and more to the point,the management dont believe you but choose to believe their staff and washed their hands off the whole episode and didn't even want to know which was extremely humiliating to me. Will not recommend this hotel at all. Be very careful of your belongings.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
CASTELLSANTBOI, Propietario at Hotel El Castell, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2016

Dear Sharon,

We must tell you our staff have been working in the hotel for a long time and they are very trustworthy. In a lot of occasions over these years they have found objects lost by customers. Unfortunately this time we have not been able to find it. We really apologize for your disappointment.

Mª Carmen Bertran

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel is NOT five minutes from the airport. We spent 25 euro each way.
That being said, the hotel was a good value. Clean, with comfortable beds. The restaurant was really good, which is lucky because you are stuck up on a hill with nothing else around. Probably a lot nicer in hot weather. Bartender made a great drink.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Withlucky

Dear Withlucky,

We are glad to hear you found our beds comfortable and that you enjoyed the restaurant. Our location is between 10 and 20 minutes from the airport, but it will always depend on the traffic. There is a direct express bus stop to the airport close to the hotel.

We thank you for your comment and we hope to see you again soon.

Mª Carmen Bertran

Reviewed 10 October 2016

This property is gorgeous, set on top of the hillside. The rooms are like staying in an old castle. The staff are very helpful. The metro is a short jaunt down the hillside and you can be in the city center in a short enough time. It is a nice place to get away for some quiet from the hustle and bustle of the city.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Ten minutes down hill walk to the Metro, gets you straight to Plaza Espanya in quick time and comfort. Unfortunately, getting back up the hill is quite strenuous, and its quite dangerous and slippery when wet. Getting a taxi from the hotel is very difficult in the morning, so be prepared to walk it. Once you get to the hotel, it is very peaceful, rooms are acceptable - they will apparently all be upgraded and redecorated this winter as well. WiFi does not work too well, but it is free. Breakfast is fine, eggs and bacon, but the toaster definitely needs replacing, as it takes far too long. Rooms are good and clean, especially if you as for a terrace, which has own private outdoor seating. Staff are friendly, and speak a bit of English as well. All in all, a good quiet location away from the bustle of Barcelona, but within easy reach by Metro.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms are very good
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business