My husband and our 2 friends from England stayed at BW Hotel Mediterraneo from Sept 3 - 16th, 2017. What can I say, it was perfect. Not too many rooms 62 I think, banquest rooms, convention rooms, pool, patio, indoor/outdoor dining, gym, Mediterraneo Restaurant at the front of the hotel and a half block from an amazing stretch of beach. A nice surprise was the massive buffet breakfast with hot and cold foods, home made breads and sweets and a selection of coffees/teas. All included in the price of the room. We have stayed in many BW Hotels around the world but were never offered such a wide selection for breakfast. All of the wait staff were always great.
The train into Barcelona (Sants Station) was a 5 minute walk away and only 20 minutes into the City. Many restaurants, shopping and grocery stores a short walk away.
The hotel staff were really amazing and always ready to help you. Marco at the front desk (during the day) would print out directions on how to get to certain out of town tourist sites and was always very pleasant. All Front Desk staff were always very helpful. The pool and patio offered waiter service :(with the best freshly maid Sangria I have ever had) till closing and the front desk had towels for the pool. The maid staff were great and if you needed extra soap, coffee, etc. there was not hesitation to oblige you.
I would be remiss if I did not mention one very special person - Carmelo. He did everything, breakfast service, bar service, dinner and bar service at the Restaurant Mediterraneo (great food too), booked reservations to some tour sites for us, room service, dinner reservations. He is truly the star of the hotel. He was always making sure that the guests needs were met. Very professional and always attentive.
The quiet neighbourhood location was a bonus compared to staying in the busy city. Bus es and trains ran frequently - into Barcelona or other destinations, taxis were plentiful too. Castelldefels is a small beachtown with not too many tourist is just the perfect place to stay to relax and enjoy.
We can't wait to return next September
Campanita and Ricardo
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mediterraneo Hotel Castelldefels
- Best Western Castelldefels
- Castelldefels Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo Castelldefels, Province Of Barcelona, Spain