“A must visit and a revisit, super Sukha!”

Sukha Espai Vegetaria
Ranked #26 of 377 Restaurants in Castelldefels
Price range: USD 14 - USD 29
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This place is fantastic. The decor is warm and inviting with whimsical hues and decorative accents. The inside seems well set up for regular table service or perhaps a large gathering. There is also a nice patio to the side with a few tables.

The staff are great! Funny, very efficient and informative. The food is truly excellent. We had no idea what to expect and were just glad to find a vegetarian restaurant before checking out the beach. However, we were pleasantly surprised.

The hummus was some of the best hummus we have ever had. And as any vegan knows; we know hummus! The flavors were there. Not just a bland typical hummus, or a chick pea spread pretending to be the real thing, but without a trace of tahini. This hummus had everything and more. My husband was delighted and shocked. As I had just gotten off a plane, I wondered if maybe the jet lag was causing me to taste and experience this hummus in a way that wasn´t really happening....but it was and it did.

Oh sure, We had a medley of tempura type battered vegetables, a bean burger, a mix of grains with veggies and peanut sauce, vegan creme brulee, some kind of rice pudding, soy lattes, solo coffees, all kinds of treats....but it was the hummus that still makes us wonder...was that hummus just a dream or a jet lag induced flavor hallucination? We had better go back soon and try the hummus again...just to be sure....

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I am a regular! I love the food, the people, the atmosphere of the place.. Relaxes me and calms me down. The food is tasty and the lunch menus are always great!
I feel so lucky to have this place in Castelldefels! I definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed 7 September 2016

I chose this restaurant purely based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. I needed a vegetarian restaurant close to BCN airport to have a quick lunch before my friend headed back to the UK. We particularly liked being able to see today's menu on the website last night so decided to give it a try. The restaurant certainly lived up to expectations. Decor is very cheery but relaxing. Quality of food was very good and the fixed menu well priced. Starters for both were a large mixed salad which was tasty. A little too much dressing for my liking but lunch companion was happy. Mains of Falafel in Yogurt Sauce for me and Spinach and Goats Cheese Quiche for my friend. Both fantastic choices. Then finished off with the staff recommendation of Vegan Carrot Cake which was perfect in taste and texture. Overall very happy with our choice. I will return next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

My partner is vegan and for that reason we usually go self-catering. We thought we'd risk a hotel this year as we knew Barcelona would be OK for vegan & veggie food but we didn't expect a small town like Castelldefels to have its own veggie restaurant so that was a nice surprise.
The food is good, the owner friendly and helpful and it's good value. Just good to know that if you ask for a veggie pallella it won't be made with beef stock with bones in it (we've had that unhappy occurrence).
Recommend going early or book a table because it quickly become full.

1  Thank Claire155
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

We went today because everyone told us as vegetarian living in Castelldefels we should try it, we went with our two kids, they're 3 and 5, we got on and the place was very quiet, my kids are not loud but they are kids, what can I say , we didn't really feel welcome... The food was really good but a bit expensive for the portions they give you. You could hardly see the noodles in the stir fry. We'll go back for the weekly menu and hopefully they'll be nicer : )