4,360 results
All reviews club volcan club area free bar fun pub rubicon marina evening buffet balinese beds star hotel lovely hotel bed and breakfast half board bloody mary pillow menu marina area blue note b and b sitting area
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was our first visit to Lanzarote and we couldn't have stayed in a better hotel.
The rooms were lovely and big with complimentary toiletries, towelling robes, slippers,with fresh towels every day and an excellent maid service.
All the staff at this hotel are very polite and extremely helpful - from the person that booked us into the hotel to the porter who took us to our room, all the breakfast staff and especially the lovely waitress serving at the pool bar. She was a gem, so happy and friendly and really attentive - we loved her.
Breakfast was plentiful and a huge choice - something for everyone.
Thank you 'The Volcan' for making our first experience in lanzarote one we will never forget. We will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor have a much better view but we stayed in a ground floor room and the balcony was very private and lovely and quiet.
1  Thank Excursion325025
HotelVolcanLanzarote, Director General at Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest

Thank you very much for your great comments about the hotel. We are very happy to know that we have exceeded your expectations and we have been able to offer you a very positive experience at THE Volcan of Lanzarote*****.Your opinion helps us to work every day more to share an excellent product.

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we thank you and we hope to see you very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Relaxing, perfect week on Lanzarote, mainly thanks to the hotel, perfectly located, professional and attentive staff, excellent breakfasts and dinners, and, the large, comfortable, nice, clean room we had (416).
We’ve enjoyed every minute of our stay, at the hotel, and also our guided tour of the island (recommended by the reception desk), our walks to the marina and Playa Blanca, and finishing the day on the terrace of our room, enjoying the marina and sea view with a perfectly made cocktail while smoking a good cigar without disturbing anyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th or 5th floor and with sea view
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelVolcanLanzarote, Director General at Hotel THe Volcan Lanzarote, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Michel F.

We really appreciated your Tripadvisor comment. We are so proud that you have enjoyed a relaxing experience with us at THE Volcan of Lanzarote*****.
We are at your complete disposal for whatever you need.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just come back (Oct 12th) from an 11 night stay at the Volcan. The hotel itself is wonderful, our standard room was enourmous, so much better that we expected. All the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. My partner celebrated her birthday while we were there and she found a nice card/letter and a bottle of chilled cava in our room. A very nice touch that was appreciated. The entire complex was spotless as were the pools. The breakfast was nice but the evening meal was not of 5 star standard. There was lots of choice but it was average quality and served warm. I would definitely recommend the Volcan but only as bed and breakfast.

2  Thank Raymond I

Dear Raaymond I,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your excellent comments about the THE Volcan of Lanzarote*****. It is a real pleasure to verify that we exceed your expectations regarding the facilities that we offer.
We are taking note of your interesting advice about the dinner, it is very important for us to know your point of view in order to offer you an excellent product.

We are at your complete disposal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are just back from a 1 week stay at this hotel, which was very enjoyable. We were on the Club Volcan package.

I will begin with the negatives-

Initially upon arrival, I noted the air con was not very powerful and the room was extremely hot, despite it being approx 9pm.
The following morning, we noticed a slight leak from the ceiling. However, when we returned to the room in the evening, this leak was now a steady flow of water which resulted in a large pool of water in the hallway of our room. We called reception and a man fixed the leak approx 30 mins later. It must have been a fault with the air con as this was now also fixed!

The same evening, we also noticed a HUGE amount of ants in our bathroom. I called reception again and the house keeping team apparently eliminated the ants while we were out for dinner.
However, at approximately 1.30am that night while going to the bathroom during my sleep, I saw there was still ants. I was less than impressed with the growing list of problems, considering I was only in the hotel 24 hours.
I called reception yet again and asked to meet with the General Manager the following morning at 9.30am.
I met with the GM and she was extremely understanding- I explained I did not want any compensation etc, I just wanted the ants exterminated properly. True to her word, we did not have 1 more ant in our room for the rest of our stay.

If there are any issues with your stay, I recommend approaching the GM as she is approachable and willing to fix problems promptly. I am realistic and know that these problems can sometimes arise- it is how the problem is dealt with that is important.

While this may sound like I had a disastrous stay, I think maybe it was an unfortunate coincidence that I had so many problems in the first 24 hours. Despite the above issues, I would definitely return and this shows that the positives really outweighed the negatives:

The hotel is in a lovely location- right on the marina and just the right distance away from the Playa Blanca strip, which is slightly more "touristy".

The calm atmosphere at the hotel (in the Club Volcan area) is so lovely and really added to the relaxing holiday we had. I would highly recommend upgrading to the adults only package as this is definitely worth it.

The staff were so helpful and friendly, in particular the man that runs the breakfast room at Club Volcan. He was a pleasure at breakfast, afternoon tea and the free drinks (all of which were very good). He clearly worked very hard and ensured these went smoothly, despite catering for many people. He was very friendly and I feel he deserves a special mention as he could not do enough for all of the guests. I was so impressed with his efficient work and friendly manner- he is an asset to the hotel.

The actual hotel itself is so impressive- it is so beautiful and one of a kind. There are an army of cleaners constantly working in all areas of the hotel and it really shows.

I am delighted we booked the Club Volcan package as the adult only pool area is beautiful and so relaxing. We imagined that we would be using the other larger pool more but instead we spent the majority of our time at the adults only area- Belanise beds, outdoor Jacuzzi, pool bar- it had everything.

To summarise, despite our initial issues (which the GM sorted promptly), this hotel really grew on us and I will be booking here again in June.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aoife M

Dear Aoife M.

We would like to thank you for your great comments to the entire team of the THE Hotel Volcan of Lanzarote*****. We are really sorry that on your arrival you had several problems with your room. The complete staff of the hotel started working hard to fix the inconveniences. We are so glad to know that we were able to solve the problems successfully.

We are so happy knowing that you have enjoyed a great experience at the hotel and you liked our exclusive area only for adults (Volcan Club).

Thank you for trusting us and for wanting to visit us soon again. We are at your complete disposal for whatever you need.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We love this hotel and this was our third visit. We stayed in the Club part which was fantastic. It has a separate area from the rest of the hotel with a pool and beds and was very relaxing. I thought it was perfect as it was lovely and quiet. We don't like music around the pool as it is generally played too loud and not to everybody's taste.
The food was very good with a great choice every night. All the staff are friendly and the hotel is beautifully kept.
Would highly recommend.

2  Thank 961JacquelineN

Dear Jacqueline,

It is a privilege for all the staff to receive your compliments of the THE Volcán of Lanzarote hotel and particularly the exclusive area only for adults (Club Volcán). Your comments helps us to keep working hard to fullfills all of your expectations.

We will try to analyze the volume and the type of music around the pool. Thank you so much for recommending us and we are at your ccmplete disposal for whatever you need.

Kindly,