1,363 results
All reviews la nonna comfort suite premium suite animation team pool bar adults only section premium section french restaurant main restaurant rainfall shower sun loungers premium guests kids club salt water half board yaiza restaurant plenty of choice
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We arrived at reception about 12:30pm and we were partially checked in , the receptionist then told us that check in wasn't till 3pm!!!! she said she would phone when our room was ready, we had taken an early flight so we could begin our holiday so this was not the news we were expecting , this detail wasn't on any paperwork that I could see. Our cases were left at reception , but we were unable to buy lunch or drinks( we were staying on half board) as our room card hadn't been activated, didn't want to go and sit in the sun as we hadn't put on any sun protection, and we were wearing our travel clothes, we were hoping not too wait too long, Nothing was heard and I eventually just before 2pm I went back to reception to ask if our room was ready, the receptionist eventually found a room for us!!!!!!!! she said our cases would be brought to our room by someone with a golf cart We found our room but no cases arrived so my husband had to go back to reception to find out what had happened to them, the cases were still at reception and because there was no ticket in the box they weren't going to be delivered, he had 2 trips back and forward for them, this was not the start we anticipated for our long awaited holiday, I feel if we had been all inclusive this is not the treatment we would have received, later in the holiday I observed other guests being checked in and it took well over 20 mins to do this we got about 10 minutes at most. We were booked into a junior suite and ok this is not adults only or premium but I don't expect to get 2nd class treatment.

Some of the information on the leaflet the hotel provides is a bit misleading, there are tea/coffee facilities in the room, men don't have to wear long trousers in the dining room in the evening in the summer months.
Our room was quite spacious, but as others have said there are no drawers but I personally didn't find it a problem, cleaning was done daily and was ok, Shower was a rainfall one powerful with plenty of hot water. The patio area was spacious.
Always managed to get a sunbed without having to have towels out very early, one of the pools was saltwater and quite cold but if you went into one of the other pools first then went into the large saltwater one it didn't feel as cold, the pools weren't crowded at all .
The food in the restaurant is buffet style , some better than others, breakfast was always the same , meats, cheese, yoghurts, fresh fruit, cooked fare omelettes freshly cooked, some of the hot food was a bit cool at times.
Evening meals were also buffet style and there was usually a themed night mexican, sushi, kebabs etc, some food was more delicious than others but you don't expect a la carte , one thing I did observe was a lady who on leaving the restaurant dipped her finger into the dish of Hummus to taste it, this was disgusting as other guests had to then eat it. You can change evening meal for lunch if you are half board and you can have 1 meal in the a la carte restaurants and it was a nice change and the food was delicious.
There always seemed to be a queue for the bar is this due to a lack of staff, my husband waited 15 minutes to be served 1 night and he eventually gave up, admittedly we were half board and it took the staff longer to serve us as they had to print out a ticket for us to sign and I think they found this a bit of a hastle .
I had to ask at reception about my transfer home and I spoke with the same girl as at the beginning and she was less than helpful, on going back the next day I spoke to a different girl and she was more than helpful, if you have a very early pick up then you can have an early breakfast from 7am
All the restaurant staff, cleaners and animation staff were very good and an asset to the hotel.
Hotel location is a good 20 minute walk to the town centre which is ok going down but when you have shopping etc then we took a taxi back up which was about 4 euros, there is a free bus which goes to Playa dorada I think but never used this.
Overall the holiday was ok but wouldn't return.

Stayed: September 2018
5  Thank moira s
lanzarotedireccion, Director General at Elba Lanzarote Royal Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear moira s,

thank you for finding time to share your review about the ELBA Lanzarote Royal Village Resort & ELBA Premium Suites.

We truly appreciate your kind and warm words regarding the service provided by the hotel and we were happy to learn that you enjoyed the hotel and had a wonderful stay.

It is nice to read that you have felt welcomed in the hotel . We appreciate a lot your comments about the staff in all areas of the hotel.

We all do our best on daily way to fulfill the wishes of the guests and it was a pleasure to have you as guests in our hotel.

Comments like yours inspire us to work with even better enthusiasm and passion to improve our service.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again for the 2nd time so you can have a wonderful , excellent holiday again.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Cant fault the place tbh. Currently on our last full day here and go back tomorrow (8/10/18).
Paid for premium so stayed in the adult section in your own little bungalow type room with a little terrace with seating. Adult only pool is lovely, pools are a little chilly at first but it's so hot here that it's welcomed.
Rooms are cleaner daily to high standard with water, tea/coffee replenished.

Food has been great, eaten in the adults only restaurant each night and it's been great, service was great, on one occasion waited a little while to be asked for drinks but the staff are great and work hard for everyone there. They do a different themed spread of food each night, sushi, Mexican, kebabs etc. As well as meat cooked in front of you fresh and the usual other spreads to choose from. Including some odd concoctions like Red cabbage and apricot and battered broccoli . But still all very nice and stays warm! Other all inclusives I've found food to go cold quite quick but not here.
Breakfast is great, usual English breakfast spread as well as pancakes and waffles, cold meats, pastries etc. All very nice. Can get glass of prosecco or bloody Mary in the adult restaurant at breakfast time too.

Grounds and pools are lovely, so clean and well looked after, like a tropical paradise! Usual towels being put on sunbeds early but I've not been anywhere that doesn't happen. If you can't beat them, join them!
Food at the snack bar for lunch mid day was lovely, cheese burger is so good! And the drinks are nice and refreshing.

On only the second day I said to my other half that I felt this was the most complete all inclusive I'd been too. Honestly can't fault the place from saff to pools to accommodation and food/drinks.

Oh the spa is lovely too!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristian S

Dear Kristian S,

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I'm still at Elba village resort together with my partner and one year old baby. It's our tenth day and we still have few days ahead of us. We booked basic option so ..
1. We're staying in a bungalow. Separate bedroom, 'living', terrace. Nice space. No drawers! Not even one! Just one clothes wardrobe. All your stuff is out and about so creates impressive mess. My partner is really annoyed about that..daily. Guess saving on furniture..but still two TVs..
2. Staff is really nice. But room cleaning is disastrous.. surfaces are not cleaned at all. Floor is briefly cleaned left with loads of hair. Probably dirty mop going through all rooms. Bedding is supposed to be changed every three days. Shower gels and soap bars are not refilled. You get it only once. Same with coffee, tea, milk..you get it only once. When I'm having hot shower there's still "Abigail" written with a finger on the steamed mirror and we're here 10days.. beds are made, bins are emptied,towels are changed when left on the floor. But sometimes they give less towels than we had in the first place. I asked reception to give us back one set of towels that wasn't replaced and after one day still waiting. They don't hoover. Only brooms but don't clean the terrace so I had to lend a broom from the cleaners to make it sand free..
3. Reception is never ever never never answering the phone. Ever! They said they are too busy. Evening, night, any day.. they just don't answer at all. Even when there are actually no inquiries.
4. No windows in the bathroom and broken ventilation. I reported three times that fans in the bathroom are not working but no one got even mildly interested.
5. Food.. is quite bad however restaurant photos are very nice and somehow I haven't even considered it could be bad. But it's rubbish. Variety is not big but it doesn't bother me.. but the quality is terrible. Desserts are ok. But the rest is not. Last year I stayed at vital class, which seemed to be lower level than Elba, and food there was amazing compering to Elba. Sometimes it's cold, dried out, raw a bit, tasteless and just simply not nice. Plates much hotter than food itself. And I'm always first there because of my baby. Breakfast is 8-10 but reception will print out an info that staring at 8.30. Very short time frame.
6. Swimming pools are amazing:)
7. Location is good.

The place was newly refurbished in my opinion and that's why it's ok. But give it three/four years and even the state of bungalows will be bad. Our bungalow is 213. Sunny in the afternoon.
I'd ask for shade in the afternoon and preferably with a tree or a palm near the terrace.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ABCZYK

Dear ABCZYK,

We truly appreciate your words regarding the service provided by the hotel and we were are sorry to hear that we did not fulfill your expectations.

As you are still in the hotel it would be pleasure if you could meet with Miriam from the Public Relation Department or with myself

Best regards

Elba Lanzarote Royal Village Resort**** & Elba Premium Suites****

Reviewed 5 October 2018

We went fully inclusive in a Junior Suite and this was an excellent choice. We arrived quite late so while we had a meal our suitcases were taken to our suite a lovely touch.
The food was lovely with lots of choice and as we were there for 2 weeks we had 2 meals at the a la carte restaurants and that was really nice.
The staff in the restaurants were amazing, really helpful and even though the hotel was full we always got our drinks to go with our meal very quickly, and would especially recommend a lovely lady called Manuela.
Our room was wonderful, lovely bed to sink in to, so clean, the bathroom was out of this world and having sunbeds just outside our room was a real bonus.
The pools were amazing and my husband thought the salt water pools were excellent. We never had any trouble getting a sunbed around the pool.
We didn`t have children with us but the amenities that are there for them looked amazing.
All in all a wonderful holiday and we would certainly go back and would like to thank the staff for making our holiday so wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nan m
lanzarotedireccion, Director General at Elba Lanzarote Royal Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear nan m,

thank you for finding time to share your review about the ELBA Lanzarote Royal Village Resort**** & ELBA Premium Suites****.

Best regards and see you soon again .

Elba Lanzarote Royal Village Resort**** & Elba Premium Suites****

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

We have been to a few places in Lanzarote but this one is way out there as the best we've stayed at. The place is amazing and when we got to the bungalow we were staying in . absolutely beautiful.the bed was so comfortable.the outside area spotless the shower room impressive (we want one ).the decoration done to a very high standard. Then we got to the dining room .oh my god we were like kids in a candy shop. So much to pick from. The cakes and desserts were delicious . Our compliments to the chefs for the quality of the food.the staff in general were so friendly it was an absolute pleasure being there and would recommend this place to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday. loved it

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lelg11
lanzarotedireccion, Director General at Elba Lanzarote Royal Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear legl11,

Thank you for your your comment to rate us higher.