See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Much better than many other 4 stars hotels in Craiova, but it is not in the town, aprox. 20 km on the road to Drobeta.
Very good traditional restaurant with terace.
Outdoor swiming pool very large. Nice people.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Here's what I like about this place: the clean spacious rooms, designed with an eye for style which makes the sitting-in quite comfortable for anyone who'd care about it; the tasteful in house-cooked meals that do not feel like a miserable belly below a happy heart two hours after; the occasionally limited parking space which make you feel such a hard-working individual when flying in at that late hour in the night; the pleasantly present personnel and the inner swimming pool.
What I don't like about it it's not your problem, it's mine.
So, if I had a business trip to make to Craiova or anywhere around it, I'd check in here for sure.

Room tip: I'd go for the medieval tower.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stoped here to eat. The atmosphere was excellent, the food was delicious, the portions very big (we couldnt eat all that we ordered) and the prices very resonable. The music was a bit to loud, but overall, we felt great here. A grade from us.

Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The Staff is very kind and professional; the rooms are very clean and with barock luxury furniture, the bedding and the mattress are very good quality, there is a very clean sauna, very clean 20x10 m swimming pool. The Restaurant is 24 hours open with warm food and homemade ingredients.
On the road to the hotel - it is 17 km (about 15 min) far away from the center of Craiova, I wanted to cancel the reservation. It was too far for my expectations and I was tired. As I saw the kindness and professionalism of the Staff and the luxury in this hotel, I was really happy to remain there. I was 2 Two nights in this Hotel. I recomand this hotel even is outside of Craiova City. You have very good meals and you cand swimm any time you want.

Room tip: I saw a Suite on the corner and is really impozing. The room on the other corner at the 3rd floor is one of their best. I've had the very next room with the view to the swimmingpool.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2013

If you want to feel great in a dream location, try Pension CARUL din STELE. Formidable food, ambiance and pure traditional 4-star accommodation conditions make you feel like a king!
Do not miss this location, I recommend with pleasure!

Room tip: The Medieval tower rooms (new wing of the location) is newly built, and believe me, it has 4 star plus!
Date of stay: December 2012