USD 514
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
USD 130
  • Pool
Albergaria Dom Manuel Hotel(Porches)(Great Value!)
USD 104
    USD 653
    Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 782/night.

Villa Paraiso(Porches)
    Villa Arina(Porches)
    1,295 results
    All reviewsindoor poolsea viewsmall kitchenettewellness centresteam roomlovely hotelevening buffetsandy beachesplenty of sunbedssuperior roombuffet stylebed and breakfast basiscliff toprelaxing holidaysenhora da rochacooked breakfastsun loungers
    Reviewed 28 January 2018

We wrere greeted by no parking and a smoky Lobby. We were extremely disappointed in our room. We went to adjust the temperature in our suite and the dial fell off. We sat down on the couch and a Spring came flying out. We heard dripping all night from the air conditioner in the suite above us. The pillows were very uncomfortable. We tried to open the window and it was moldy. We found other accommodation as soon as we could and they never even gave us our money back. Stay way from here.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour and avoid this place.
    Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank jacquiewils0n
    pestanaviking, Gestor at Pestana Viking, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear "jacquiewils0n",

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments and views.
    We are indeed disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations and failed to deliver the value you had expected.
    However we have many customers who give us very positive feedback regarding our services and facilities.
    We sincerely apologize that in this instance, the resort as a whole did not deliver the usual high standards and service levels that many of our guests have come to expect and enjoy..
    Once again, we are sorry for not having met your expectations and sincerely wish we could have done better.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in the Pestana Viking. Reception was friendly although the receptionist ensisted that we could not occupy our room before 15.00 hrs. A bit strange since it was mid January and the hotel was clearly not fully booked, but ok. Rules are rules...
    The hotel is positioned on a cliff and thus has a great view overlooking the Atlantic. Our room was spacious, decor a bit outdated and needed a face lift, bathroom clean, beds reasonably comfortable. Small balcony with sea view.
    We also tried the bar area but found the service there very slow and after about half an hour sitting there without being able to attract the barman's attention we left and went for a walk on a nearby beach instead. Probably healthier as well..
    Breakfast buffet was great. All the choices you would want to see and even champagne was available. Unfortunately we had to skip the bubbly as we had to drive, but we left this - typical package holiday - hotel rather satisfied.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Hanspt

Dear "Hanspt",

Thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic review regarding your recent stay at Pestana Viking and share it with other travelers.
    We were delighted to learn you had a very enjoyable time with us!
    We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I struggle to give the Hotel a good rating really but if I could give it 3.5 I would. It’s not that bad in all and as some have said set overlooking some lovely beaches, with amazing views. As I didn’t have a car the location for me was a little far from the main town but the hotel has a handful of restaurants around. Plus if your not wanting to do much and just relax then this is good for that. It was the wrong time of year really to analyse this hotel to its full potential, I mean yes the seagulls do take over the outdoor pool but who wants to jump in it in the winter anyway? You would freeze! So I kind of think that they don’t let the gulls hang there in the summer but I don’t know. The rooms are a little cold in layout and very basic, no channel listings etc, you get what you pay for though and for the money this is ok. I actually liked the Breakfast but with all hotel buffet breakfasts there are things I stay clear from and just don’t over indulged, for me cereals and toast, juice, coffee and that was alright. The indoor pool and gym I used everyday and it was easy to use with some good equipment in the gym. The staff all seemed friendly and helpful enough. In all its an average hotel with the potential of some 5 star qualities but it would need some serious revamp to achieve this.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
    1  Thank Sustainable1976
    pestanaviking, Gestor at Pestana Viking, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear "Ecopaint",

Thank you for your review. We do take guest feedback very seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve upon guest experiences. I will certainly share your feedback with the relevant heads of department to ensure maintain the highest standards of service.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back again and I shall personally oversee your visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2018

The hotel sits grandly on a five star site straddling a fabulously hidden cove and a stunning and famous beach; its views are unsurpassed and, being on a headland, you have stunning views to the east and west, and you're just 5 minutes from the beaches. Its rooms re OK but, as others have pointed out, there is zero security if you leave your balcony door open, and I saw for myself that many people just wander in and out of the hotel: I got chatting to one couple- from the apartments on the hill above, who boasted that they breakfasted here for free every day!!

The three things which freaked me regarding the almost total lack of management here were:

- The outdoor swimming pool guy disappeared after 10.30 a.m., so the seagulls have made the pool their home,defecating not only IN the pool, but around it: I counted 59 of them in the main and kiddies' pool outdoors on my third day!! In the afternoons, one's peace is shattered by loud, blasted local radio garbage if one has a drink near the seagull's own pool: don't even think about eating in this area- the seagulls will grab your food!!

- People just wander in and out of the hotel who are NOT guests, and even eat the (tacky) food!!!!

- Breakfast is really really tacky- undrinkable coffee and powdered cold eggs and sickly orange juice etc- pretty gross, really- the worst quality breakfast I can remember!

- I left my bags at reception, and - this was EXTREMELY STRESSFUL- when my airport transport arrived, no one was available to accompany me to collect them, and they weren't stored in any order, and the minibus was delayed for 16 minutes- much to the stress and annoyance of fellow passengers- I felt like a leper.

However, some of the staff had been really helpful, allowing me to print my boarding pass on the computer at reception for free, for example.

In summary, this could be a fantastic hotel, but its management seem determined to utterly destroy it.

Five stars for location, but NIL points for management! However, it was very reasonably priced; did the low price wipe out the appalling management? Maybe! HaHa! It WAS a great location and its grounds and views were quite unique! If you can turn a blind eye to the incredibly dysfunctional disaster which is the mismanagement, you can still have a good time here- which I did!!

Stayed: November 2017
    3  Thank Gregmalaya

Dear "Gregmalaya",

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments and views. At The Pestana Viking, we take all guest comments very seriously as many of our guests have our best interest at heart when they take the time to give us constructive feedback to help us improve.

Please rest assured we take our branding as a Pestana property very seriously. My colleagues and I work very hard to deliver on our brand promise to all our customers; most times we succeed but clearly in this case we have fallen short and we are deeply sorry. Additionally, we, at the management of the resort we are very focused and committed on delivering on our brand promise as well; and take a very keen interest in personally reading all guest comments and reviews regularly.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We had a week here for Xmas 2017 and because we had secured a great price, we had slightly lower expectations, and but for a couple of minor gripes (towels are rough and tired) we were pleasantly surprised by the definite 4 star quality and the helpfulness of all the staff, the indoor pool and sauna etc area was also very welcoming, (a small thing is that its a little slippy and could do with a few mats or non-slip tiles. we had a great stay here and there was some great Beaches within 5 minutes walk , many of them,

Room Tip: the area had not much open in mid winter, but if you have a car, there are loads of places within a short drive
    • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank paulnsoo
    pestanaviking, Gestor at Pestana Viking, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear "paulnsoo",

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the Pestana Viking
    We do take guest feedback very seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve of department to ensure maintain the highest standards of service. It upon guest experiences. I will certainly share your feedback with the relevant heads was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we will be delighted if you return.

Regards,