All reviewsrooms are largevery nice hotelprice rangehorse meatvillapalacecardrivegroundsspacehillwowwingmomentsettingmusiccase
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Like most guests to this hotel, I was attending a wedding. The rooms are comfortable, beautifuly decorated, well equipped and authentic - but sadly not noise proof! This is a wedding venue and clearly a busy one at that, so be prepared for late, loud guests and music on every evening that you stay. You can wake up to a lovely shower and breakfast in the morning here but a lot of tea will be required to blow away the cobwebs from a late noisy night and early start (with the arrival of various deliveries that will raise you from your comfy slumber). The bed was sooo comfy and the bathroom too so this seamed a shame.

The staff (when you can find them) are polite, professional and helpful and apear to do epically long shifts. There are some fabulous photo opportunities - when you get the right angle as not is all as it first seems. Away from your room, all the chairs are plastic and the ‘grand ‘old’ painted walls’ in the wedding halls are newly created so do not share the same authentic honest feel of the bedrooms.

There’s no swimming pool or spa type facilities at the hotel as you might expect (with guests wanting nails and hair doos - please anticipate being on your own with a hairdryer and bottle of varnish). There is very little in the way of lobby / lounge space and the nature of the venue means if go exploring around the hotel you run a very high risk of socializing with the wrong wedding party or getting lost in the remarkable similar corridors (both of which I managed to do & that was way before a free bar!). I left my family at home on the occasion and was pleased I had done so - 2 smalls would not have enjoyed themselves and with little outside space suitable for a run about (not covered in gravel or cobbles) they would have literally been climbing the walls!

There was ALOT of food at the do I attended, and although good, consistent quality - perhaps a little rush for me, I would not describe it as knock your socks off amazeballs. My feelings on this might have been influenced by the sheer volume of food being presented, as I found my brain was preoccupied with the subject of the carbon impact of foodwaste on the planet and the inequity of excess and starvation rather than evaluating the taste of it. The indivdual portion sizes were fine... it was the 11 course’s of it that killed me (especially sat on a plastic chair).

The delayed Ryan air flight home gave me amble time to digest it all and then tuck into some plain pringles.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We were in town for a family event, but didn't know much about this place until we drove in... Villa Fenaroli is stunning! Built in the 1700's, it lies at the foot of the Bacco Hill. What an eye-opening effect from the road! The palace must be too big to fill up and maintain, as some sections inside look a little desolated. But the rooms are really pretty and spacious, and the bathrooms are impressively large. We spent a total of 3 nights here and were always happy with the service. The continental breakfact was especially rich and varied, with an ample choice of cold drinks, besides cappuccino and/or coffee, served right to your table. Since the Villa is often the setting for events and weddings, it can occasionally become a little noisy in the evening, with music played in one wing of the palace (when that's the case, all guests are usually accommodated in the opposite wing, so as to limit the inconvenience). What's more to like? Oh yes, it's even pretty inexpensive! That helps!
Only flaw I can find is the mattress, surprisingly TOO tough for my liking (and I'm not picky at all when it comes to mattresses).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017

This is a rather odd hotel in a magnificent old palace/villa, quite impressive and beautiful. The rooms are gigantic. Plenty of free parking.
It definitely is an interesting experience and well worth the quite reasonable tab. The restaurant, however, was the worst we ate in in Italy.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2017

From the moment we entered this place all we could say was: wow! The entire villa that looks more like a palace is impressive from the moment you drive into the property. Rooms are gigantic, hardwood floors, classic details, antique furtniture and a bathroom with good quality bath/shower etc. Breakfast is wonderful even for vegans! We actually didn't want to leave the building and just hybernate in our room. Will defintely come back here!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kellisabeth
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Villa Fenaroli was a very welcoming place that had a large selection of food for both breakfast and dinner. Which was good price along with the rooms. When I was there I also attended a wedding that was well put together and looked very professional. The food in the hall was of high quality and was served frequently. I highly recommend this place!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family