Best Western Vitalhotel zum Stern
Hotel Quellenhof(Horn-Bad Meinberg)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Schauinsland(Horn-Bad Meinberg)
  • Restaurant
Restaurant & Hotel Garre(Horn-Bad Meinberg)
View Hotel
Landhotel Haus Weber(Horn-Bad Meinberg)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2014

Stayed here for a friend's wedding and it was just right.
Good service, a great setting in a lovely village, proved to be a really nice stay.
The staff were a little taken aback by a group of such suave and debonair Englishmen that it took them a few moments to get used to our sophisticated sense of humour, but once achieved we all got on like a house on fire!
They looked after us extremely well and we ended up having a super time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tedioustommo
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel is charming. Took an upgrade to a room with balcony, on the streetside so a little noisier than if we'd had one on the inside court however there is not much noise anyway. The room was more than adequate, beautifully clean with a large bathroom and more than enough hanging space for clothes. Breakfast overlooking the spa gardens was terrific, enormous choice and a couple of really nice touches e.g chopped chives to add to scrambled egg - I really liked that. Nice indoor pool - I like swimming alone if possible ,though it did occur to me that absolutely no supervision there, and no apparent camera observation there could be an accident waiting to happen. Personnel were terrific - absolutely everyone - even taking my, and my husband's poor attempts at their language. The only downside, if it could be called that, is that Bad Meinberg is very, very quiet. If you really want to get away from it all, and I mean all, it is the perfect place. However if you are looking for something with, even a little more, life it would not be the place for you. Three nights for us was perfect, I suspect a whole week and we'd be climbing the walls.

Room Tip: Next time I would ask for a balcony room overlooking the inner court.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This Quality Hotel is part of the worlwide chain of Quality hotels. It is a modern looking hotel attached to an older part where the breakfast room is located. The rooms have different sizes (we stayed in a smaller room on the 2nd floor). The facilities are great (indoor swimming pool, sauna, steambath) incl. nice sitting areas near the bar. Very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast buffet is very good with lots of choices. The only minus we can say is the size of the beds (at least the ones in the smaller rooms). These are so-called French beds and are only 1.40 m. wide.
For the rest we would certainly recommend this hotel which is closely located to the main shopping street and the Kur park. Parking is located in a parking garage opposite the hotel entrance at a rate of 4 euro per day.

Room Tip: ask for one of the bigger rooms such as room 220 or equivalent
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank otten4
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I had a single room on the lower floor which was very nice, modern, clean and comfortable.
There was ample space in the room for one person and a very useful desk to work from on my business trip. The TV on the wall was a very good LCD Samsung display and wireless broadband just about available in my room. The shower room was very well fitted out with modern fittings, power shower, nice size sink and large mirror. Food in the restaurant was fantastic and couldn't be better. The only wishes I would have to make this place perfect would be for better wireless broadband coverage as it was only strong enough to use in some rooms or parts of the hotel. Sometimes my room could be cold, however the duvet was more than warm enough and once I had found the radiator in the shower room I could heat the rest of the room by leaving the door open. Overall I would happily visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a room close to reception for better wireless broadband coverage.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AMB_777
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Reduce you expectation if you expect to find a 4* hotel.
Rooms need a clear improvement.
I've been hosted several times for business reasons.
The problem is that you will not find better alternatives in the area.

Room Tip: There are several types of room. avoid the back ones because they are really small.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business