All reviews lovely terrace medieval town stayed here gate business
Reviewed 17 July 2015

Nice family hotel located right in the center of town, close to the river. Great food, although the service was a little slow - the staff of the hotel went out of its way to please. Great example of a family run hotel.

Room Tip: Chose a low floor in summer and not under the roof - no aricon as per cuty restrictions
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2015

This is the second time I have stayed here and once again I can have no complaints! My room was spotlessly clean and very spacious with two televisions, sleeping area and seating area. I am aware that some people have mentioned small rooms, so it may be worth asking for a large room as they certainly have them. The breakfast was good for a continental buffet, but we did not eat here in the evening. The staff were polite and attentive. I would happily stay here again!

Room Tip: I am aware that some people have mentioned small rooms, so it may be worth asking for a large room as they certainly have them
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2014

We were greeted by friendly front desk staff who took care to make sure we had everything we needed. The room was clean (albeit small) with two twin beds together and a small bathroom (just a shower, no tub). The breakfast was typical of a European hotel but still had items more familiar to American travelers.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014

But it is not. The rooms (we had a comfort room in the old building) are spacious and clean. The location and parking are perfect. The restaurant is good. But the staff is careless, clueless and without passion for the trade. The manager looks ragged, angry and yells at the staff. He lights up his sigarette, next to your table as you eat outside. Waiting forthem to bring you food and drinks takes a lot of time. They often forget you are there. When they do come they look angry and complain that they have to do everything. It is a shame really, Wertheim is worth the visit and the Swan is a nice hotel....change management, teach the staff and yes you will have a good time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Voskamp
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The room sizes very so make sure you ask which room you get. My room was very small where you could barely turn around. Don't bother putting out the do not disturb sign - they will just ignore it. Bring your own soap, shampoo and conditioner. They supply a tiny packet of something which may resemble soap/shampoo. I was here before so I was pre parted. There is no elevator so be prepared to carry you luggage up several flights of stairs. I was on the 3rd floor so 4 flights of stairs to haul luggage up/down. The food is excellent.

Room Tip: Request the "new side" of the hotel. The older side has been refurbished but some rooms are tiny.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business