All reviews saint quentin le clos relaxing hotel half board room was large small terrace each evening lovely terrace a great place to stay great restaurant next morning hotel is located wine list one night a ground floor room pottery balcony
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

This a a lovely hotel. The owners were very welcoming when we arrived.
Our room was basic but was clean and very comfortable. We had amazing views over the countryside to the town of uzes.
The swimming pool is gorgeous. We spent the afternoon there relaxing with a glass of wine.
We had dinner on the terrace which is a beautiful setting but unfortunately we were really disappointed with the meal. We had the 'plat du jour' set menu and it didn't 'wow' us in any way at all.
Breakfast was good with a good selection of foods.
It's a great place for a peaceful break away but unfortunately I think we must have been unlucky with our dinner.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

The hotel is a little out of the way, and tricky to find the first time, but well worth the effort. Wonderful location. Saint Quentin doesn't offer much but Uzes is a short drive away. Pleasant pool and garden. We had upstairs room with balcony that offered great views toward Uzes. Being able to dine on the terrace was perfect for the summer weather and the meals were top notch. Staff very helpful.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

A relaxing place to stay with good air conditioning when the temperatures soared. The food is good with an interesting menu.

The pool is surrounded by a beautiful garden full of lavender and butterflies.

This isn't the easiest hotel to find as you follow the signs through narrow roads. And the last few metres are the hardest to follow !

There is a large car park.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We booked for four nights and half board and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were warmly welcomed on arrival after what had been a very long and exhausting drive. Later we were welcomed again at the restaurant and enjoyed a Kir Royal before dinner. The weather was lovely and the seating is alongside the covered,outdoor restaurant (you could also eat inside if preferred). As my husband and I are both 'no dairy/fromage etc' great care was taken to ensure that our dietary needs were taken account of and each evening we were given an explanation of the modifications had been made. Nothing was too much trouble. At breakfast there were no bananas but when I asked they said they would get some for the next day, and they did. Our room was a 'superior' (a bit more spacious) and was very comfortable. Although we only used the air-con for short periods, it was very quite and very effective. The view from our balcony (Room 22) was over the pool in one direction and across to the ancient town of Uzes in the distance. On one of the days we treated ourselves to an exclusive 45 minutes use of the jacuzzi (15Euros) and it was gorgeous. The door slid back to reveal a lovely view. The only tiny point was that I got all excited when I spotted the big bath, but it wasn't usable except to stand in for a shower. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 22 was an excellent size with a view over the pool and nearby Uzes. Nice, quiet air-con
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Being local we only come to this hotel to eat. it is very pleasant in summer on the terrace overlooking the garden and the food is good - a good mix of classic & modern. We eat at this hotel often in summer & have previously sent a group of 60+ fr lunch. Not again. The attitude of the restaurant (hotel) manager is not acceptable.
Firstly we ordered 2 glasses of white wine. There was no choice of wine by the glss just red, white or rosé. Not really acceptable for this level of restaurant when many people will be driving. I was surprised that my husband didn't want a glass of red and sais so in front of the manager. He straight faced said that my husband was right "the wine was 'plat' -boring". Then why on earth is he serving a wine that doesn't merit to be served???? And yes you guessed the white was boring too.
There were 2 menus one at 39€, one at 29€. We both decided to take the 39€ menu, but my husband asked to replace the starter from the 39€ menu with the one from the 29€ menu. Otherwise we ordrered the same main & desser and were served identical dishes. the starters and main course were excellent.
When the bill came my husband had been charged over 50€ (52€ I think from memory) for his meal, while I had been charged 39€. We queried it with the waitress who went off to ask the manager. She came back obviously uncomfortable and said no that was how it was, any changes meant you were charged from the à la carte menu. How mean spirited can you get? Yes the restaurant is legally allowed to do this, but I have never in my 40 years of restaurant going had it happen. Nearly always I would have had a small reduction made or the coffee offered to make up for the cheaper starter. And he didn't come out to explain this himself.
One last bad note the panacotta was really bad. it had far too much gelatine in it and was set hard. We will not be back, which is a shame as I have liked this place in the past.

2  Thank Christine F