All reviews heading north budget hotel ace bed stopover desk signal motorway breakfast euros
Reviewed 8 November 2017

When we booked in the receptionist took 640 euros off my debit card instead of 64 euros. He could not rectify it and called his boss. She then debited another 576 euros instead of refunding it. They had now taken well over a thousand euros for the room. We had a terrible time getting it sorted out in England after our holiday and only got the money back because a French friend intervened for us. The hotel was not interested at all in our complaints. We wrote and complained to their head office in Clermont Ferrand and have heard nothing back. At no stage did we receive an apology. Do not use your bank card in this hotel!

Room Tip: Not sure there is a choice
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank t0werh0use
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Spotless room and bathroom, quite spacious for a budget hotel. Double glazing cuts out noise. Plenty of secure parking. Bed very comfortable. Did not try breakfast. Free wifi was easy to access, desk and chairs roomy enough for two people to work side by side.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation for the hotel 8 months in advance. I arrived at the hotel at 7pm after a long journey to be told that the hotel was full. Their explanation for not honouring my booking was that the credit card I used to guarantee the reservation was invalid. Apparently the hotel left a message on my answerphone at 2pm that day asking me to provide replacement credit card details by 6pm or my reservation would be cancelled. Unsurprisingly I was travelling at the time so didn't receive the message. I do not consider this to be acceptable. If there had been an issue with my credit card then the hotel had many months in which to contact me. Their behaviour is consistent with a deliberate policy of overbooking. Fortunately the Ibis hotel opposite had rooms available and was excellent. Incidentally the Ibis had no problem with my credit card.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HomerPerly
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

My first stay at a Ace hotel and I was surprised. The hotel was clean and spacious, better than the average budget hotel. The check in was welcoming and efficient. The only downside was the free wifi. We couldn't connect either of our iPads , the signal kept dropping out.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Thank Mark William Ja... D
Reviewed 26 June 2016

눇 This hotel is an excellent stopover when you are heading south/north. It is located a little distance from which is not a problem if you are looking for a restaurant as there are quite a number very close to the hotel. We walked 2km into town to find a good place to eat, and frankly, we should have eaten close to the hotel. Riom was nothing to write home about!

The hotel was very comfortable albeit basic. The beds and bedding were comfortable and the whole place was spotless. Breakfast was very good and excellent value.

눉 The "welcome" was efficient but not very warm!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple