All reviews heading north budget hotel ace bed stopover desk signal motorway breakfast euros
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation for the hotel 8 months in advance. I arrived at the hotel at 7pm after a long journey to be told that the hotel was full. Their explanation for not honouring my booking was that the credit card I used to guarantee the reservation was invalid. Apparently the hotel left a message on my answerphone at 2pm that day asking me to provide replacement credit card details by 6pm or my reservation would be cancelled. Unsurprisingly I was travelling at the time so didn't receive the message. I do not consider this to be acceptable. If there had been an issue with my credit card then the hotel had many months in which to contact me. Their behaviour is consistent with a deliberate policy of overbooking. Fortunately the Ibis hotel opposite had rooms available and was excellent. Incidentally the Ibis had no problem with my credit card.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HomerPerly
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

My first stay at a Ace hotel and I was surprised. The hotel was clean and spacious, better than the average budget hotel. The check in was welcoming and efficient. The only downside was the free wifi. We couldn't connect either of our iPads , the signal kept dropping out.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2016

눇 This hotel is an excellent stopover when you are heading south/north. It is located a little distance from which is not a problem if you are looking for a restaurant as there are quite a number very close to the hotel. We walked 2km into town to find a good place to eat, and frankly, we should have eaten close to the hotel. Riom was nothing to write home about!

The hotel was very comfortable albeit basic. The beds and bedding were comfortable and the whole place was spotless. Breakfast was very good and excellent value.

눉 The "welcome" was efficient but not very warm!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2016

The hotel is very convenient for, and easy to find from, the motorway. It is located in a small, quiet commercial estate close to several other hotels and a good selection of restaurants. It is also just across the road from Riom Golf Club so could make a good weekend get-away destination.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be quiet. They are spacious and clean with free wifi.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2016

Very convenient location. English-speaking desk staff. Reasonable rate. My requested non-smoking room did not smell of smoke. Largish room, two chairs, a desk and a large pillow for reading in bed. Good lighting. A window that opened. Room control for heating/cooling worked well (for heat). Television promised English channels but did not deliver (no signal on those channels).

Good wifi (free)

Very clean bathroom (with a spot for shampoo and soap - how rare in France). Infra-red heater in bathroom - very welcome.

The extra-cost (~€5) breakfast was paltry. Some croissants and pain au chocolate, a few cereals. I believe there were eggs but it was a bit spread out and uninviting, to be honest. Coffee from the usual machine (not very good).

There are several nearby restaurants for dinner. I tried "Zinc" a short walk across the roundabout. It has a short meat-heavy menu but good food and service. Looks like a nice place for a drink but was busy with diners as well.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor. Quiet (no one above) and the smokefree room was actually smokefree
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo