All reviews common room young people one night having fun a great stay beautiful island tomo beaches brac terrace supermarket sea
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We had a great stay at Funky Donkey this summer. Our private room was basic (and a little warm at times) but good value. The hostel is a short walk from the main town and near a stone beach. It had good communal areas and a is a great place to stay for those looking to socialise and meet other travellers as they organise daily tours and pub crawls. Saying that, we also found the hostel a great place to just chill out. The owners and Tomo went out of their way to help us and we felt very at home there. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I do a lot of hostel and have never had to leave, but no air conditioning and all night party with puking sucks. Then again maybe it's your thing. There are beds for 30 and only 3 combined shower bathrooms.
Do the math. The staff and owner really nice people, but I feel he can do more to make comfortable

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank markocu1
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Great atmosphere in the hostel, chilled out but a lot of fun. Good place to meet people and enjoy the island of Brac. Tours and excursions are available from here. Tommo the guy on the desk is an absolute legend! He will look after you, make sure you have a great stay and he basically laughs at everything! I mean what hostel have you been to where the (very friendly) owner turns up of an evening and shares a beer with you and plays Jenga? Exactly. Stay here!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed with Funkey Donkey for 2 weeks and I endured the most amazing experiences in that building with those people. Tomo and Vinko are lovely hosts, both hardworking and always make sure the guests got everything they need. It's more of a chilled vibe and a great place to get the opportunity to meet plenty of locals on Brač.
If high class luxury is your thing, then it's not for you, but if you can see pass that with all the vibes, then I highly recommend!! :-)
Summer 2018 awaits my return to Funkey Donkey!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

It's in no way luxury, but my friend and I had quite a good time socializing in this crazy little hostel. A lot of young people meet here and go out, and the island is quite lovely. We lived in a mixed dorm, and you had no private space, but who needs that when you're inter-railing?

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends