Schlosshotel Fiss
USD 192
  • Breakfast included
USD 256
TripAdvisor
All reviewsski shopbreakfast and dinnerski roomspa area isswimming poolwellness facilitiesbeautiful hotelafternoon snackski holidayperfect locationbreathtaking panoramaa la carte menuefficient staffminor negative pointreception deskfantastic foodamazing spa
Reviewed 13 August 2016

Our stay in the Schlosshotel Fiss was spotless. Leaving the hotel we simply could not find anything that could have been better. From the moment you enter you are made to feel special. You are met at the reception, offered drinks and have tour of the hotel before going into your room. We were also surprised by the fantastic upgrade we had to the amethyst suit which was superb with a dressing room, a big bath room divided into three and a fantastic view. Breakfast is served as a very big buffet. We only had lunch once which was very good but since the 5 course dinner is so good. You can not enjoy et if you eat too much in the afternoon. Sitting at the same table and having the same waiter everyday makes you a part of the environment. Even if the most of the guests are German speaking we received English me yes and perfect service from our waiter Patrick and Anne. The pool which is both indoors and extends out and bubble baths both inside and outside were nothing like we had experienced before. We have used the Spa, the beauty parlor and physiotherapy facilities as well.. The lifts were 5 minutes away. We enjoyed our stay so much we will definitely return back. We can only recommend this hotel and thank the manager who greeted us personally almost everyday for his great work.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Just excellent. Food is good, pool´s are very clean and warm. It also have a waterslide for the Kids and the big kids(Adultes). Very Dog frendly. You can take the dog in every room. If you take the Gondels up on the mountain, there is a summer FunPark with many atractions and a 2,2 km long Roddel track to slide down.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We came to Fiss Serfaus for the second year on a row as it is a marvelous destination for families with kids.
We stayed twice in Hotel Bär in Serfs which is an excellent family hotel, but this year I wanted to try another hotel in Fiss as I had read many good reviews about it. It took a few weeks to convince my wife to go there as she was afraid they would not have enough facilities for kids. Nevertheless, it took her just to days of staying at the hotel to convince her it was an excellent hotel, and there were plenty of families with kids as they did have good facilities, namely a good working ids club and a marvelous swimming pool.

At arrival, we simply gave the keys of our car, and the staff mad sure all our luggage got in the room. We got a welcome drink and a tour of the hotel. This is a good thing, as the hotel is huge and has been built in different stages. In some hotels this gives a strange mixture of styles, but this is not the case here.
The rooms in the East wing have been beautifully renovated in a style which can be described as design but in a traditional Austrian way, so it is modern but still warm enough. The first ground is huge with the restaurant, a bar, the reception, the kids club, a shop and a beauty salon.
The food is really extraordinary, the best I have ever had in such a hotel. The breakfast is a huge buffet. "Huge" is sometimes synonymous with "quantity of quality", but this is not the case here. You name, and they have it with attention to detail. For instance, the croissants are held warm in a small oven, different kinds of fresh juice, the fruits were excellent etc...
The lunch has a very small selection, but again the quality is very good, especially deserts.
The dinner is really extra-ordinary and it could compete with a Michelin starred restaurant. The restaurant is really big, but made in small compartments each with its own waiter. I would have preferred some more outside light, or perhaps even sit outside in nice summer evenings.
The kids club is not as huge as in real "Kinderhotels", but since there are fewer kids in this hotel, the ratio of staff over kids seemed higher to me and they are really dedicated. That goes for all the staff. Everyone is very friendly and will try to help. For instance, when our daughter of 2 years old woke up before 7am, I took her out of the room in order not to wake up the other children, and then the receptionist would bring hot milk for her and open the kids club where I could spend some time with her.
They also have 4-5 strollers and 1 rucksack, not as much as in real Kinderhotels but usually enough. Also, the facilities for kids are slightly less then in real Kinderhotels, and also kids did not have continuous access to soft drinks and ice cream as in real Kinderhotels.
As already said, the pool area is really nice with an outside part usually in the sun till about 4 pm; also a jacuzzi, all have good views over the ski slopes. There is a small slide where kids will have fun. Then there is a family sauna, unfortunately we did not use the adult sauna because of the kids.
They also have a nice sunny garden with direct access to the slopes and ski lifts. also handy in summer.
One minor negative point is that I had the impression they had a lot (or some) temporary staff. On several occasions I asked something trivial like where is the toilet, or where is the elevator to the garden, and they could not answer and had to refer me to someone else.
All this luxury comes at a price of course. We paid 625 euro per day for our family of 5. Not cheap, but we thought it was worth it.

All in all, we had a great time there and will probably go back next year.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 17 June 2016

My Husband and I went here in Jan last year (2015). We wanted to go skiing in Austria and planned our holiday around staying at this hotel as it just looked amazing.It has taken me this long to write the review as I had such a disappointment of a trip there. We loved all the hotel spaces, but couldn't believe that our room was 2 stars at best. Very old, no fridge. It reminded us of an old rundown country hotel room. No staff could give us hotel info in english, e.g. what time spa is open, food on menu. They promised they would but never did. We quickly learnt they just say 'yes, yes, sure' to shut you up and do nothing. I begged to be upgraded to another room and was happy to pay more, yet this never occurred. My husband hurt his leg one day skiing and couldn't go down to dinner. Rang up reception to be told if i went to the bar they had a room service menu and i could get food. This was not the case, they had nothing. I had to beg to take food from the 5 star restaurant back to the room, mind you no tray or cutlery were offered and it is a huge walk to our crappy room. As the trip went on I realised there were a lot of people from a particular european country in this hotel who were demanding a lot and being very rude. I have since been told that is why the staff were not doing anything for us as we were not as important or loud as these other guests. Anyway i have to say access to slopes amazing, pool amazing, spa staff a little rude or the odd local lovely lady, food ok, bar area amazing, all hotel staff not caring and frustrating to talk to. We ended up realising there were other amazing properties that for what we paid we could have had a penthouse :(

Room Tip: make sure it is a modern renovated room.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
schlosshotelfiss2015, Geschäftsführer at Schlosshotel Fiss, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Dear Simsal 2016,

thank your for your detailed feedback. I am sorry to read from your partly disappointing experience according to your accommodation in January 2015. As a matter of fact 2014/2015 was the last winter season we still had some rooms which were not renovated. Because of the lower standards of these rooms we gave appropriate hints not only in our booking offers but also in our booking confirmations. Same we did on our homepage showing authentic pictures of each room category in the main building. Of course the prices had been much lower than in been able to change your room.

As we have a lot of international guests we usually have menus in English language and most of our staff is able to communicate in English. I am deeply sorry that your experience has been different.
However, having finished every reconstructing works in spring 2015, we are now in the 5 star category. This leas me to the promise that it would be worth to join us again.

your family Domenig
& the Schlosshotel Team

Reviewed 24 March 2016

the hotel is modern and situated directly on the slope. The hotel was designed with deep consideration of every possible aspect.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable and very clean, The hotel spa is just amazing - sauna is huge with a window facing the mountains with direct access to outside cooling pool. The silent rooms are motivating to relax and one of them is equipped with fire place. We spent there every afternoon after the skiing.There is a family spa as well which is perfect for families - this is really rare, because normally the spas in other hotels have some time restrictions for kids.
The pool area has two parts - splash area - mainly for kids with wild river and toboggan - even adults will enjoy that. The main area of the pool is big with indoor pool which has outdoor part (you just swimm through a door outside). The water was comfortably warm. In the outdoor area there is a whirpool.
Food - with the half board you will definitely not be hungry - it is more a full pension than a half board. the choice for breakfast was very good (eggs, fruits, pastries, cheese, fresh juices...) the afternoon buffet (13:30-17) was delicious with hot meals and cakes. With the dinners you just had the feeling that you are entering a culinary heaven - buffet with salads, cheese and ice cream and 4 courses with selection of 3 or 4 meals, big selection for kids (special buffet every evening)
Skiing - you will be brought by an elevator from the ski depot of the hotel to the slope - just perfect.
Definitely this hotel is the best hotel in Austrian mountains I have been to. It is great for everybody. I hope I will come back next winter.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends