See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 nights for half board in Deluxe Suite open air bath room. The room is very spacious and excellent view. The onsen is big, clean but a little bid crowded. The food is excellent especially dinner Kaiseki set. I do really recommend especially the room type we stay.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chaicharn D
Reviewed 6 January 2017

There are a few onsen are in the Kaga onsen region, and choosing which area to stay is not easy in the first place. After staying at Tensyo I did not regret choosing it.

Located near the entrance from the main road, the hotel has a relatively big parking area across the street. It is a traditional style big onsen hotel. Since the hotel has several wings, it stretches a long way from the entrance.

Check in was smooth. The hotel provides free admission tickets to the nearby yunokuni no mori village for two which is nice. Originally I planned to go to another attraction of kutaniyaki but finally decided to give this yunokuni no mori a try. This attraction is about 15 minutes drive away and worth a visit. Our room is located at the far end of the hotel, passing through the souvenir shop, function room, onsens, late night restaurants, etc.

I reserved a very spacious Japanese style suite, which has a sofa and a small family room extension. The room also has 2 toilets which is rare. Lots of activities going on in the hotel during the stay. There is free pudding available, free onsen eggs which guests can put in a netted bag and put into the onsen pool at the hotel front. After some 40 minutes the eggs are ready to eat.

I had the crab meal that evening with every course contains crab. Excellent for crab lovers. Good food quality and good service. The hotel has 3 different onsens and they are excellent, especially the outdoor one. You have to schedule your time so that you can enjoy all three onsens if you only have one day.

About 10 minutes from the main onsen through an enjoyable walk. Plenty of restaurants and shops on the way.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CLau888
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

It is a very big onsen hotel with 3 public onsen, spa/beauty facilities, karaoke, various restaurants, etc. We stayed 2 nights at a suite on the top floor with private onsen. The room is very spacious and comfortable with a wide view towards the Japan sea. Hotel offers free shuttle buses to JR Kaga station 3 times a day (reservation not needed) which takes ~10min.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sheila L
Reviewed 9 October 2016

The Yunokuni Tensyo Onsen Hotel is a very spacious and comfortable one we have lived in Kaga, Japan. The room was very big, exceeding 100 square meters, with a very long corridor, a large bathroom with bathtub, a small toilet, a large tatami area with suitable sized table, a resting area with two comfy armchairs, two single beds and an outdoor onsen pool for people to relax fully during the trip. The tatami's were comfortable and large sized generally. Our dinner and breakfast was served in a private room in the Japanese restaurant, which was lovely and yummy overall. The service there was brillant, the waiter spoke Putonghua and assisted us as he could possibly do. The onsens throughout the hotel were brillant. The best thing was that only 1-3 persons were in the onsen pool the second day, making our experience even better than possible.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Justin9127
Reviewed 3 May 2016

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights during a long spring trip because we wanted a place to relax for a few days. The baths were very nice & clean compared to other places I have been to. There were inside & outside baths.

Our room was very average and outdated. We did not sit on the sofa because it was stained. We were hoping that the stains were from people sitting on them with wet towels or robes but they looked dirtier than that. There was hair in the sink too but we just rinsed it down the drain.

The food wasn't that great either. I live in Japan and know more than department store food floors and convenience store food so my standards are higher than the usual tourists. The food pictures in the above reviews represent the quality fairly well. Fancy hospital cafeteria food or maybe international business class flight bento box food.

If you're hungry after 9:00 p.m. during your vacation, you can pretty much only get ramen or smuggle in low quality snacks from the Lawson's convenience store next to the hotel. They have a bizarre rule that claims "no outside food or drink" but it is not enforced because we saw many guests in the convenience store wearing the "yukata" from the hotel and we saw them carrying in bags of snacks and drinks.

One thing that my friend noticed at check-in was that I had to push my own bags on a cart from the front desk up to our room but other guests did not. I thought it was because we were younger but people in our age group received assistance. That didn't bother me as much as it did my Japanese friend. He thought it was rude as a former hotel worker from a better hotel in Osaka. I didn't mind it.

The train station pick-up was odd. The driver arrived and told us to wait there for 15 minutes but it ended up being 35 minutes. My friend went to search for the driver after 30 minutes and had to retrieve him from inside of Kaga Onsen Station.

Had the baths not been so great, I would have given this hotel a lower rating.

Yamanaka Onsen is a great place not too far away to spend several hours.

We had a car rental too so it was easier to see more of the are. The buses were infrequent

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends