“Lunch time visit”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

What a great meal.
Very good service by the lady .
Spoke enough English to help us with the French menue.
Tomato starter was delishous
Duck main course equally good
Nice cheese and wonderful sweet to finish
The house rose wine was very good too.
All in all a resonally priced meal in a restraunt that we would go back too.
Viv last france.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

I went to this restaurant to meet friends for lunch. The setting is very pleasant and it was easy to park near the restaurant. The front of the restaurant is light and airy, but we were sat at the back of the restaurant which was a little sombre. The restaurant was fairly crowded. This made the service rather slow as there was only one person serving.

The menu was a fixed price one. The cost of the three courses was 12.60 Euros. The meal was far too copious for my appetite. I started with a pumpkin soup which was good. However, I felt that the other two courses were too reliant on convenience foods.

The filet of fish was on top of a mixture of frozen peas, tinned carrots and balls of potato. The fish was cooked correctly, but I really didn’t like the vegetable mixture beneath it. Just a few fresh vegetables would have been preferable. As a dessert, I had a panna cotta. This is something I make at home quite frequently. The dessert in ‘La Claise’ was nothing like an Italian-style panna cotta; it was more like a vanilla cream. It was covered in pieces of mandarin. It was far too copious and synthetic for my tastes.

I would have preferred a little more quality and less quantity for the meal. I would have given this restaurant a "poor" rating, but because the price was very reasonable, I have given it an "average" rating.

1  Thank CindyAnn37
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Unusual hours, lunch only Monday to Friday evening on Saturday and I assume a blow out lunch on Sunday We had tried to go on spec,on Sunday but they were fully booked so went today Tuesday having booked and it is a formule meal 12.70 euros for three courses and a quarter litre of red wine.

If that sounds ordinary, it just isn't. The decor is modern and eclectic the service by one person was immaculate
The food was simply great. Formule may be but there was a choice of three for,each course, but we booked for 1 pm and everyone else who tried to come in after us were politely turned away. I reckoned they served about 35.

Secret probably is to get there even earlier because we had only a choice of two for the starter and one for the dessert. Not that that mattered, as every dish was served with style and was of excellent quality.

Highly recommended

Reviewed 23 August 2016

the lunch menu is second to none...excellent in all sense of the word...it's all about the food here!

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

We had read the reviews and decided that the positives out weighed the negatives.
Now we are amazed that anyone found anything to moan about .
The sevice was welcoming and efficient. We were a group of 6 adults and 3 young children one seven and two four year olds. We visited on a Saturday so the evening menu was served during the day . Very French and very good. The children had ham and chips with desert.
Not cheap but worth it . We would all return and recommend.