“Amazing Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Lofty Heights Bed and Breakfast
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lofty Heights Bed and Breakfast
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ajmc2018
Varney, Canada
“Amazing Getaway”
Reviewed 16 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We stayed at Lofty Heights for two great nights in June. It was the perfect getaway with a fantastic host that pointed us in the right direction for all the caves, beaches, and walking trails that we wanted to see. He listened to our interests and gave great recommendations (and provided maps) to go on our adventures. The breakfasts were delicious and fantastic fuel to get us ready for our adventures around Lions Head. This B&B is getting high praises and recommendations to all our friends. We hope to be back again.
Ashley and Andrew

p k
Toronto, Canada
“Do you hate bugs but the bugs love you? Then this could be your escape!”
Reviewed 28 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Barry has built a very comfortable home in a wonderful, bug-free location. His place was spotless, his breakfasts were quite tasty and he had a full selection of trail maps for us to borrow for local hikes on the Bruce Trail ... which goes past his driveway. And the bird feeder outside the living room window was in constant use ( possibly because there weren't many bugs to feed on). Barry was extremely gracious in accomodating our last-minute schedule change, for which we are extremely grateful.
Thanks Barry!
Oh ... did I mention there weren't any bugs?

Lovehikin...
Toronto, Canada
“Enjoyed A pleasurable Stay for Victoria Day's Long-Weekend!”
Reviewed 31 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

My husband and I recently stayed at Lofty Heights Bed and Breakfast for three (3) nights on the Victoria Day’s long-weekend. Upon arrival we were warmly welcomed by the host, Barry Fairbairn, is the wonderful host. When I made my first phone call to Barry, I knew I had made a right decision to choose to stay Lofty Heights. Barry was so warm and helpful on the phone. Lofty Heights is gorgeous and so comfortable; the view of the Hope Bay is outstanding. We truly enjoyed walking in such a quiet and peaceful environment.
When we were there, we have amazing fantastic homemade breakfast and the items changed daily. The food is so great and delicious. Without doubt, we would choose to stay at Lofty Heights if we go to Bruce Peninsula again.

Victoria...
“Wonderful stay, stunning walks and beautiful scenery.”
Reviewed 16 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Barry was incredibly helpful with recommending walks that made the most of the amazing scenery as well as providing some excellent insider knowledge to make sure we got the most of our stay. He prepared sumptuous feasts for us for breakfast which prepared us for our days of activities. A lovely secluded spot and although we didn't get to see a bear, we did see a hummingbird right outside the front door. Would definitely recommend.

Management Response
22 Sep 2017
Victoria-Thank you for the lovely review. I am starting my trek home tomorrow from lake superior prov. park. Had a great time hiking & camping. Scenery was guite spectacular. Ontario's mountains. Thank you again.
Sophie D
“Zen place that felt like home!”
Reviewed 17 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

My sister and I had a wonderful time in this cute and very zen place. We are from Montreal and we choose this B&B as a pit stop before doing camping at Cyprus lake for 3 nights. Originally our plan was to stay 2 nights (one coming from MTL and the other going to MTL) but at the end we extended our stay by one day.
Barry was the perfect host!!! He informed us of all the main attractions to do at Bruce Peninsula and gave us accurate directions with his maps. Barry knows very well the area and has maps for everything. He is a very good cook with his very yummy breakfasts and was kind enough to be flexible with our schedule for the last breakfast we had there.
The owner is very proud of his house that he personally choose the spot and built it!! Everything in this house was chosen with the most detailed thoughts that makes the place so unique. I felt very relaxed and at ease just like at home during those days. Without Barry, our stayed at Bruce peninsula wouldn't have been the same.
I highly recommend this place!! I LOVED IT!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing