Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews spa bath upstairs room central location studio unit mt john would stay again dark sky stunning views stayed here for one night church lake tekapo supermarket queenstown microwave hosts winter
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Drove to lake tekapo, New Zealand to visit the local observatory and planned on sleeping in my car for the night,(roughing it). Found this lovely motel, overlooking the lake. They had one room left for a solo traveller so, I took it, thinking, oh well, it's got be more comfortable than the car and being a studio, didn't expect much? Well!! The room was as comfortable and well equipped as any 4/5star hotel I had stayed in, it was fabulously comfortable, with every amenity, drinks fridge, snacks and free wifi!!!!! Flat screen tv, direct dial telephone, local area information packs, snazzy bedside lamps and a fantastic en-suite. I had the best nights sleep I've had in some time, the bed was very, very, comfortable!!
The motel was very central to bars and eateries, literally seconds away, it was fantastic! The staff member/manager was lovely and very helpful. The view was to die for, worth the price of the room alone and with so many activities available, including, the mt John observatory for the scientifically minded, you are spoilt for choice!

The location is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

If you ever go to lake tekapo, this is the one, I can't praise it enough!

Room tip: From what I could see, all the rooms had lake views.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mercmaster
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Great place. To die for view. Great service. The hosts went out of their way to be helpful. I will stay again and do tell my friends. Thank you for a great stay. Clean. Quite. Helpful. What more can i say

1  Thank KathyO952
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel only for one night with two close friends, the hotel was well kept and the location was truly spectacular, bar none the best view in New Zealand to wake up to, Lake Tekapo in the morning sun is worth the hotel price alone, if you go anywere in New Zealand go to this hotel just for the View....

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2013

its a fair motel room, nothing special and luxurious, but it is located by the lake. you have beautiful views of the lake in the morning and sundown as well as stars at night. a good stop to the mount cook area. be aware of sandflies at night

Room tip: free parking, second floor rooms have better views
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2012

In Dec 2011, we stayed in this resort, it didn't disappoint.

This December, I brought my family along and booked 2 rooms; Studio and Family unit. These 2 units are located in different blocks. Communication was made easy by using their inter-room phones.

My family members fell in love with their rooms. Parents got the studio unit and they were pleasantly amazed by the picturesque view of Lake Tekapo. Simple and facilities were all provided for. Family unit has cooking facilities so the others came to my unit for some supper.

The 4square supermarket down the road is well-equipped for simple meals.

Even though we went during Summer, it was cold. Say 13-18 degree celsius.

Don attended to us this time round and he was lovely. Utmost caring of all the lodging hosts that I have met.

Definitely would love to go back again.

Room tip: 2nd level units are the best.
Date of stay: December 2012