All reviews the kitchen private room quiet location mt john bed mixed dorm starry night enjoyed our stay per day accommodation options single bed shower room new zealand town centre the main house short walk would stay again comfortable rooms
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed over night at Lake Tekapo with my mate who was travelling with me from Queenstown to Christchurch.
Hostel was extremely well kept and homely. We were greeted at reception by a beautiful British girl from Oxford called Aileen (not sure how to spell her name) and she was extremely helpful as soon as we arrived by handing us a map and physically drawing her favourite points to go and advice on what we should do in this small village.

The rooms were cosy and clean. Beds made and comfy. Showers had great pressure and toilets were very well maintained.
Living area has heaps of games and things to do, as well as a handsome fireplace. The kitchen was again very clean and well maintained - a hardship for most hostels (and I've stayed in many).

But despite all the hostels charming characteristics, it was Aileen who made us smile the most. So thank you! I highly recommend this hostel if you're stopping over in Lake Tekapo.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I only stayed for one night with my boyfriend, but this backpackers had a great feel and very friendly staff. Perfect location in Tekapo and a fab kitchen and social area for guests. It had everything we needed, even blankets and hotties in case we were too cold, which we didn't need to use. A pleasant and easy stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying at this little backpackers. Great location close to the lake The room was nice and clean as was the kitchen and dining room. The staff at reception was very nice an helpful. Be sure to go say hi to the friendly sheep across the road.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Due to the limited number of accommodation options in Tekapo, I stayed in this hostel rather than a very pricey Airbnb but it was a great surprise. I received a great welcome from the member of staff on the desk who seemed genuinely interested in my travels and plans and gave me heaps of information about Tekapo and even options for my drive to Christchurch the next day. I stayed in a 4-bed mixed dorm but by coincidence it was all girls anyway which was really cosy and the hostel have no bunk beds which is great. I spent the evening in the communal lounge chatting to other travellers and there was a really lovely vibe, everyone was friendly and open and I had a great night. Kitchen and bathroom facilities are great. Checkout is completely hassle free. Really great value for money for a lovely, homely feel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We booked the ‘double room with private bathroom’ and got pretty much what we expected. The room was relatively small but clean and ‘comfy’. The mattress was comfortable and the extra blankets were appreciated on a cold June night. The large kitchen shared with the other guests (great to meet other travelers!) is well equipped.
We would consider the Tailor Made Tekapo Backpackers Hostel again if we were to come back in Lake Tekapo.