All reviews the kitchen private room quiet location mt john bed mixed dorm starry night enjoyed our stay per day accommodation options single bed shower room new zealand town centre the main house short walk would stay again comfortable rooms
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying at this little backpackers. Great location close to the lake The room was nice and clean as was the kitchen and dining room. The staff at reception was very nice an helpful. Be sure to go say hi to the friendly sheep across the road.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Due to the limited number of accommodation options in Tekapo, I stayed in this hostel rather than a very pricey Airbnb but it was a great surprise. I received a great welcome from the member of staff on the desk who seemed genuinely interested in my travels and plans and gave me heaps of information about Tekapo and even options for my drive to Christchurch the next day. I stayed in a 4-bed mixed dorm but by coincidence it was all girls anyway which was really cosy and the hostel have no bunk beds which is great. I spent the evening in the communal lounge chatting to other travellers and there was a really lovely vibe, everyone was friendly and open and I had a great night. Kitchen and bathroom facilities are great. Checkout is completely hassle free. Really great value for money for a lovely, homely feel.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We booked the ‘double room with private bathroom’ and got pretty much what we expected. The room was relatively small but clean and ‘comfy’. The mattress was comfortable and the extra blankets were appreciated on a cold June night. The large kitchen shared with the other guests (great to meet other travelers!) is well equipped.
We would consider the Tailor Made Tekapo Backpackers Hostel again if we were to come back in Lake Tekapo.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

A friendly welcome upon arrival with a tour of the premises. Room was clean throughout and beds were comfy. Plenty of blankets provided for cold nights. This in walkable distance from the main strip and the bus terminal. Would recommend!

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Very cute hostel with spacious comfortable dorms. Nice view of the garden and sheep right outside the window. Great location, short walk to town and half hour to hot pools and mt John trailhead. Staff let me store my luggage at reception while I waited for a bus.

Date of stay: April 2018