“Beautiful Lunch”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Thank you to the great staff and beautiful food. Had a lovely lunch and awesome beer

1  Thank Sharon T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Out of our 2 days at lake tekapo we had linch here both days. The steak sandwich is really tasty and comes with a great salad. Def a good place to go relaxing atmosphere and lovely beer garden

1  Thank Melissa H
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Arriving at Tekapo, with bellies ready for breaky, we stumbled across this establishment, having seen the large queues at Reflections. Good coffee, good smoothies. Can’t fault the service, charming host. Would recommend.

1  Thank Mary_Gstar
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We was walking by and spotted the stone grill sign, so as we was showing a friend around NZ and she had never had one before, we decided to book, I truly wished we hadn't, because I'm left with the conundrum that the manager and portions were abysmal, but the waiters and the guy who we complained too were fantastic, any way we ordered a 200gram rump steak, ( it was more like 100 grams) and we know this because we often eat stone grills in Christchurch, so I felt ripped of with that, but the main reason for this poor review is that we were sat there tucking into the steaks, when the manager came over. We was thinking "ohhhh she's come to check if everything's ok", but no she came over to have a go at myself for putting pepper on my steak, (how dare I enjoy my meal) no one never told me"don't pepper your steak on the stone grill" it supposedly makes people around you sneeze, once again we often eat these, and have never have been told this, but anyway after being told off and talked down too by the acting manager Erica, we truly felt that the experience was ruined, and left quite a bad taste, when going up to pay, we was asked if everything was OK, I told the polite guy what had happened and he was more then apologetic, and knocked off the drinks as a kind gesture, and I really cannot fault the waiters/waitresses, you can see that they work super hard, and are really friendly, its a shame the acting manager doesn't take note from her staff! I unfortunately will not be recommending this place.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely autumn evening, very attentive staff. Even asked how long we wanted between 1st course and 2nd.

Lovely starters delivered quickly.

Mains of stone grill and Beef ribs voth delicious

1  Thank Peter C