All reviews large communal area shared bathroom ten minute walk location is great log fire hot springs mount john great kitchen lake views cabin toilets church
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Location is inconvenient for people who travel with coach. It’s better if you have your own vehicle.
Although it’s called lakefront lodge, you can barely have a clear view of Tekapo lake as lots of trees blocking the view.
Receptionist Lydia was very friendly and helpful, she was the best thing happened during my stay.
距離大巴下車地點徒步10到15分鐘,路面碎石多,不便拖行行李箱,沿路毫無遮蔭,極不適合沒有開車的旅客。
雖然稱湖畔,但實際上從旅舍望出去都被樹遮住了湖景。

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Stayed here for a night as part of a tour. We were put into the "glamping" tents on site. They were very spacious, but as we were here in April, so near to winter, it was freezing. The tent came with a mini heater, which didn't do anything. They did provide plenty of blankets and a hot water bottle, which helped get warm to get to sleep, but in the morning I was very cold again.
The rest of the facilities and location were good. Clean bathrooms, and a reasonably sized common area.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Bad experience , charged 200 hundred dollars for a smoking inside when I smoked outside !!!! Paid upfront on Monday 3rd of September!then charged two days later , after one voicemail!!! Bloody outraged. Want my 200 dollars back. For only staying a room , money hungry pigs

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Extraordinary813443
Andrea C, General Manager at LakeFront Backpackers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Erin
Yes you paid on arrival being the 3rd for your stay and departed the next day. After you chose to ignore my message on the 4th regarding smoking in your room and didn't get back me I charged you on the 5th under our No Smoking Policy. When you finally rang me on the 7th I refunded you at the time giving you the benefit of the doubt although we believed you had been smoking in the unit. We had to do a complete bedding and pillow change and put an ozone in the unit before we could let the unit to anyone else.
We did not appreciate your threatening and abusive email or phone message after I said your money had been refunded and should be back in your account by Monday.
What happened to the reasonable girl I spoke to on the phone the 7th? I question how this rude and abusive review is allowed on Trip Advisor as it is totally uncalled for. I will be following up with Trip Advisor further.
Regards
Andrea Cox

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Dorm rooms were very small, we stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm that was incredibly small. Lodge seemed loud due to high number of people staying. Walls are really thin so you can hear doors closing and footsteps from your bedroom. Still have to pay for wifi..... would be enjoyable if you’re single/solo traveller who doesn’t go to be early.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Andrea C, Front Office Manager at LakeFront Backpackers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hi

Thank you for your review.

Unfortunately we cannot offer free WiFi at this stage as because we are in such a remote part of the country, we do not have Optic Fibre. It will hopefully be coming soon :-)

I can understand if the lodge was very busy with people walking around it would have been noisier than normal, if you had come to reception we may have been able to help or moved you to a quieter room if we had space.

Cheers
Lydia

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We were apprehensive about staying in a shared room (it was all we could find for our budget) but we’re pleasantly surprised as the rooms were super clean and warm, we only shared one night with other people out of three nights- we were lucky- but the facilities are brilliant. Everything is so clean and tidy and the kitchen and lounge area are very comfortable. Staff are friendly and we loved how close it was to the lake. It’s also only a ten minute walk from the village centre

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Amy,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review. I will pass on your comments to the Lodge Manager :-)
We always clean 3 times a day, so that guests can have a more comfortable stay.

We are so lucky to have such an awesome view from the lounge are, and the walk into town is beautiful too.

Would love to welcome you back one day

Cheers