Lowest prices for your stay
Novotel
AU$219
AU$219
1,310 results
All reviews buffet breakfast train station bowling alley room service shopping mall convenient location down the road cinema glen movie complex accor australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2023

The worst hotel experience ever, should be rated 2 stars (Max). I was in Melbourne for eye surgery, so I thought I would treat myself. WORST mistake ever, Accor is a sub standard chain and cares only about getting as much money out of you as possible. First, I arrived back after lunch with my eye bandaged after 2 hours of surgery, only to find someone DRILLING into the wall next room. Rang reception who told me "don't worry, he should be finished in half an hour"....The room, smallest fridge I have ever seen, unable to put half a small pizza box in there, Boring decor, too cheap to even bother putting a print on the wall. No cutlery, plates etc, not even a saucer. This is all designed to make you spend money at their bar & restaurant. Ordered room service, they said 15 minutes so went to take a shower, came out to find phone ringing. They had already brought up the sub standard burger after 5 minutes, I didn't answer so they took it away. Then brought the SAME burger & fries back, lukewarm & tasteless (cost $25). Unable to plug laptop in to old 70's style plug on "work" table. I wish I had gone to a nice motel like I normally do, at least they don't charge you $25 a day to park your car, Very very disappointing, I will NEVER stay at an Accor place again. Not even 3 stars.!!

Room tip: Stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank james a
General Manager, Owner at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2023

Dear James,

Thank you for your review from your recent visit to Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley.

I wish to extend my sincere apologies for your recent experience with us.
Please be assured that excellent customer service and high guest satisfaction are both of vital importance to us and I am very sorry that your experience did not meet expectations when staying with us.

I apologise for the maintenance works that was happening during your stay, unfortunately during the day was the only time these works could be actioned and it was emergency works for safety reasons however, we did cut them short for you.

In relation to additional amenities in the rooms such as cutlery places etc, please let our team know if you require any additional amenities in your room and we will be happy to provide these.

I am very sorry if we let you down on this occasion in regards to your room service, I will share this feedback with our Director of Food and Beverage.

We appreciate your input regarding the parking charges, and we apologise for any disappointment this may have caused. Our parking fees are in line with the local market and helps us maintain and improve our parking facilities for the convenience of the guests. Nevertheless, we understand your perspective, and we will take your feedback into consideration as we constantly evaluate our services.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed 6 August 2023 via mobile

Pretty basic. Rooms are lovely. But common and shared facilities feel like it was once a nice hotel, but aging. Felt a little like someone’s hobby as a hotel.
Ticks all the Novotel boxes, but only just. Pool is very basic.
Watch out for the car parking.
The car park was designed by someone who has never driven a car. It is weirdly tight.
And charging $25 for parking is outrageous this far out of the CBD.
Room service was excellent. Just remember that there is an unusual service charge “on top” of the price list.

Room tip: The gym is well appointed. But the sauna is incredibly dangerous, with non compliant heaters in both sauna rooms.
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for sharing your insights regarding your recent stay at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley. We appreciate your honest feedback and regret any disappointment you may have experienced. We take your comments seriously and will certainly review the areas you highlighted for potential improvements.

We are glad to hear that you found the rooms to be lovely, as we strive to provide a comfortable environment for our guests. However, we apologise for any perception of aging in our common and shared facilities. Our team is committed to ensuring that the entire property maintains the high standards that Novotel is known for.

Regarding the pool and car parking, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We understand your concerns and will assess these aspects to enhance our guests' experience.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2023

This is a great hotel for business which I have now stayed 8 times where each time staff members are very friendly and courteous. On my last stay I felt the service was lacking. My room I was given was not clean and when I went back to the front desk, the Manager Shiv was not helpful and was very rude to me and would not even listen to what I was saying. I hope the service can pick back up and more training can be given to staff.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Owner at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2023

Dear Visa,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley.
I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed all of your previous stays with us and we thank you for your loyalty.

I wish to extend my sincere apologies for your recent experience with us. Please be assured that excellent customer service and high guest satisfaction are both of vital importance to us and I am very sorry that your experience did not meet expectations, I am thankful you brought your thoughts to our attention so we may improve our services moving forward.

I would also like to thank you for your patience as we train new staff members.

We hope to welcome you back again soon to Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 23 July 2023

This is a generous 4 (probably would have been 3.5 if I could) but a decent hotel if you need to be this side of town. It’s never going to be the height of luxury being in this location but my room appeared to be recently refurbished and was clean and comfortable with all modern conveniences, although the bathroom was a bit spartan. Breakfast service was a little chaotic, someone said they were short staffed. Location is handy for trains to central Melbourne, and the Glen shopping centre is 5 minutes walk away and impressive. Also for fellow Brits, Ramsay Street is a 5 minute Uber away!

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Owner at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2023

Dear NushBoo,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay here at the Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and found our hotels location to be a convenient option for you.
This undoubtedly serves as great motivation for our team to continue refining our facilities and services. We also thank you for the feedback regarding our rooms, I will pass this along to our management team.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future with your next visit being just as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 9 July 2023

Had a fantastic stay. Griffin helped me find a room that suited me perfectly. The room has two beds in it, which I really like, is high up in hotel, and has a walk in shower. Kavita was super helpful, and remembered me from some years ago, when she kindly gave me a soap holder, which I still have in my home office, after I mentioned I liked it. Kavita also kindly gave me a tour of the room after check in. Mannoj kindly reconfigured the fridge in my room, so I could have all my drink bottles upright, which was super kind of him. He also kindly said he would look into having the two power outlet under the table between the two beds converted to a 4 power outlet, before my next visit.

The restaurant here is now amazing. Some of the best Indian food I have ever had, and the prices are very good if you are not an Accor Plus member, and excellent if you are one, and get a discount as a couple on meals. I have a picture of two curries I had in my profile.

I am really looking forward to my next visit at Christmas time.

Room tip: The entire hotel is very quiet, which I love, but I find the very quietest rooms are on the higher levels.
Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Owner at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2023

Dear Andrew,

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay here at the Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley.

I am so pleased you had an enjoyable visit and it is lovely to hear you enjoyed our restaurant Meze.
Additionally it is delightful to know that our team looked after you well during check-in and throughout your stay, it is always a pleasure being able to share positive feedback with the team; so thank you and I will pass these comments onto Griffin, Kavita and Mannoj.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in December!