Lowest prices for your stay
Novotel
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Stuart B
Ballarat, Australia
Ticks the boxes, but maintain low expectations to avoid disappointment.
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Aug 2023via mobile
Pretty basic. Rooms are lovely. But common and shared facilities feel like it was once a nice hotel, but aging. Felt a little like someone’s hobby as a hotel.
Ticks all the Novotel boxes, but only just. Pool is very basic.
Watch out for the car parking.
The car park was designed by someone who has never driven a car. It is weirdly tight.
And charging $25 for parking is outrageous this far out of the CBD.
Room service was excellent. Just remember that there is an unusual service charge “on top” of the price list.
Date of stay: August 2023
Room Tip: The gym is well appointed. But the sauna is incredibly dangerous, with non compliant heaters in...
Trip type: Travelled with family
2.3 km from Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley
Free parking
View more hotels in Glen Waverley
1,310 results
All reviews buffet breakfast train station bowling alley room service shopping mall convenient location down the road cinema glen movie complex accor australia
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2023

This is a great hotel for business which I have now stayed 8 times where each time staff members are very friendly and courteous. On my last stay I felt the service was lacking. My room I was given was not clean and when I went back to the front desk, the Manager Shiv was not helpful and was very rude to me and would not even listen to what I was saying. I hope the service can pick back up and more training can be given to staff.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Owner at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2023

Dear Visa,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley.
I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed all of your previous stays with us and we thank you for your loyalty.

I wish to extend my sincere apologies for your recent experience with us. Please be assured that excellent customer service and high guest satisfaction are both of vital importance to us and I am very sorry that your experience did not meet expectations, I am thankful you brought your thoughts to our attention so we may improve our services moving forward.

I would also like to thank you for your patience as we train new staff members.

We hope to welcome you back again soon to Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 23 July 2023

This is a generous 4 (probably would have been 3.5 if I could) but a decent hotel if you need to be this side of town. It’s never going to be the height of luxury being in this location but my room appeared to be recently refurbished and was clean and comfortable with all modern conveniences, although the bathroom was a bit spartan. Breakfast service was a little chaotic, someone said they were short staffed. Location is handy for trains to central Melbourne, and the Glen shopping centre is 5 minutes walk away and impressive. Also for fellow Brits, Ramsay Street is a 5 minute Uber away!

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
General Manager, Owner at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2023

Dear NushBoo,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay here at the Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and found our hotels location to be a convenient option for you.
This undoubtedly serves as great motivation for our team to continue refining our facilities and services. We also thank you for the feedback regarding our rooms, I will pass this along to our management team.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future with your next visit being just as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 9 July 2023

Had a fantastic stay. Griffin helped me find a room that suited me perfectly. The room has two beds in it, which I really like, is high up in hotel, and has a walk in shower. Kavita was super helpful, and remembered me from some years ago, when she kindly gave me a soap holder, which I still have in my home office, after I mentioned I liked it. Kavita also kindly gave me a tour of the room after check in. Mannoj kindly reconfigured the fridge in my room, so I could have all my drink bottles upright, which was super kind of him. He also kindly said he would look into having the two power outlet under the table between the two beds converted to a 4 power outlet, before my next visit.

The restaurant here is now amazing. Some of the best Indian food I have ever had, and the prices are very good if you are not an Accor Plus member, and excellent if you are one, and get a discount as a couple on meals. I have a picture of two curries I had in my profile.

I am really looking forward to my next visit at Christmas time.

Room tip: The entire hotel is very quiet, which I love, but I find the very quietest rooms are on the higher levels.
Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, Owner at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2023

Dear Andrew,

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your most recent stay here at the Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley.

I am so pleased you had an enjoyable visit and it is lovely to hear you enjoyed our restaurant Meze.
Additionally it is delightful to know that our team looked after you well during check-in and throughout your stay, it is always a pleasure being able to share positive feedback with the team; so thank you and I will pass these comments onto Griffin, Kavita and Mannoj.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in December!

Reviewed 31 May 2023 via mobile

Service people are always doing something else instead of serving people. The rooms have so many problems, the AC is not working, the TV channels are very limited, I could connect a streaming device to the TV, etc. For that reason or more I had to move to 3 different rooms and all of them were the same.

Room tip: Try to stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Erick R
General Manager, Owner at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2023

Dear Erick,

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent experience with us.
I am however sorry that our service did not quite meet your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies for this. With regard to the TV, we have recently installed Foxtel and we have had some issues but these have now been all rectified.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us and allows us to constantly learn and improve our product and our service.
Thank you once more and we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Glen Waverley in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2023

Exceptional service- friendly front desk , rooms prepared on time . Rooms clean . Excellent location - train station , choices of restaurants . Reception staff very accomodating to requests . Will definitely return .

Date of stay: April 2023
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
General Manager, Owner at Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2023

Dear Patricia,

I appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey regarding your recent stay here at the Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit with us and it is wonderful to see such an encouraging score and positive feedback. It is lovely to hear our staff looked after you well during your stay and that you found our hotels location a convenient option.
Your feedback undoubtedly serves as great motivation for our team to continue refining our facilities and services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Warm Regards,