“Best white pizzas”

Price range: USD 12 - USD 24
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Ferme Provencale is a traditional French Restaurant located on stunning Mt Tamborine, Gold Coast. French chef, Isabelle Thorpe delivers a little piece of France with every meal where you experience a wide variety of exotic and beautiful French tastes. Come and enjoy great food, browse through our emporium and relax with friends.
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Can't believe I've taken so long to review - just goes to show that it's been too long since I've visited! My boyfriend and I enjoyed lovely, freshly baked scones here, the best white pizzas we've ever had and some pretty amazing crepes for dessert. The service was prompt and the restaurant was beautiful, located in stunning gardens. The owner, Isabelle, was very friendly and clearly takes great pride in serving authentic French cuisine. I'm looking forward to visiting again when I'm next in the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

One of their specials was a generous serving of Irish stew and came with fresh crusty bread and mashed potatoes. Filling and delicious. The toasted sandwich with salad was also tasty and good value.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

My best friend decides to take me and my youngest daughter Katrina, plus one of his friends out for lunch to celebrate my 50th birthday. Great food, this is the very first time both I and my daughter tasted snails. Nice little restaurant, beautiful setting, very friendly and professional service.

To mark the occasion, my mate said what the heck, let's have a bit of everything, and I can tell you the food was top-notch.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

Amazing food, service and atmosphere.

We went for a long lunch. It was perfect. We spent a leisurely afternoon experiencing quality authentic French food. What a find.

We will be back.

Reviewed 12 December 2015

This establishment displayed the typical "they are tourists and won't return anyway" attitude. Overpriced ($5.80 for an overly sweet Chai Latte), an "Assorted Platter" consisting of 3 small pieces of bread and a few slices of Salami for $15. We were 4 adults also attempting to share a Cheese Platter, common sense and a desire for professional service would allow for 4 pieces of bread, except we received 3! Upon mentioning this to the owner, she arrogantly lectured that this is the serving size and there are no deviations. Great way to treat your customers!! It is also not possible to pay with cash, only Eftpos, and again, she was rude, arrogant and argumentative. No wonder the place is for Sale, with such an attitude who would want to go there? Incidentely, only 2 of us were Tourists, the others live in the area and were looking to find local Restaurants to frequent. Needless to say that we'll never go anywhere near that place again.

2  Thank Sigi E
Kalimera007, Manager at La Ferme Provencale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2015

Thank you for your review.
I am glad you wrote this as I knew you would from the moment you came through the door.
You did complain about the size of the assorted plate which is sized for 2 people. The correct and normal thing to do is if you want more food is to order in accord with the number of people at your table.
An assorted plate in Australia it is not a sharing plate for however many people there may be at the table. I know the situation in Switzerland may be different so that if you turn up at a restaurant with 50 people and ask for an assorted plate the proprietor will kill a beast and prepare loaves of bread for your party just so they can all partake of the assorted plate. However in Australia it doesn't work that way; if you have 4 people it is wise to order 2 assorted plates so that each person has enough.
If you wanted more bread you just needed to order more which incidentally is actual genuine French baguettes which come from France par baked.
Since you left nothing on your plates or in your cups we assumed everything was pretty good.
Then the actual offence started.
You and your friends came to the counter to pay with a $100 bill. Now I know in country Switzerland every proprietor has unlimited change for just such a situation but this is not the case in Australia. We don’t keep a lot of change because most people pay by card. However this was not acceptable to you and you literally exploded. You and your male friends with pointed fingers and raised voices. Your verbal abuse lasted several minutes and left me extremely shaken. In Australia this is termed offensive, abusive and threatening behaviour and is unlawful and your behaviour has been reported to the local police.
Since you are so concerned about the fact that our property is for sale you may also know that many other restaurant properties on Mt Tamborine are also for sale. Finally it is good that you have decided not to return because you are persona non grata at La Ferme Provencale and will not be admitted on the premises ever again. Should you or any of your party return the Police will immediately be called.