“Wow Wow - Amazing”

Price range: USD 12 - USD 24
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Ferme Provencale is a traditional French Restaurant located on stunning Mt Tamborine, Gold Coast. French chef, Isabelle Thorpe delivers a little piece of France with every meal where you experience a wide variety of exotic and beautiful French tastes. Come and enjoy great food, browse through our emporium and relax with friends.
Reviewed 20 February 2016

Amazing food, service and atmosphere.

We went for a long lunch. It was perfect. We spent a leisurely afternoon experiencing quality authentic French food. What a find.

We will be back.

Reviewed 12 December 2015

This establishment displayed the typical "they are tourists and won't return anyway" attitude. Overpriced ($5.80 for an overly sweet Chai Latte), an "Assorted Platter" consisting of 3 small pieces of bread and a few slices of Salami for $15. We were 4 adults also attempting to share a Cheese Platter, common sense and a desire for professional service would allow for 4 pieces of bread, except we received 3! Upon mentioning this to the owner, she arrogantly lectured that this is the serving size and there are no deviations. Great way to treat your customers!! It is also not possible to pay with cash, only Eftpos, and again, she was rude, arrogant and argumentative. No wonder the place is for Sale, with such an attitude who would want to go there? Incidentely, only 2 of us were Tourists, the others live in the area and were looking to find local Restaurants to frequent. Needless to say that we'll never go anywhere near that place again.

2  Thank Sigi E
Kalimera007, Manager at La Ferme Provencale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2015

Thank you for your review.
I am glad you wrote this as I knew you would from the moment you came through the door.
You did complain about the size of the assorted plate which is sized for 2 people. The correct and normal thing to do is if you want more food is to order in accord with the number of people at your table.
An assorted plate in Australia it is not a sharing plate for however many people there may be at the table. I know the situation in Switzerland may be different so that if you turn up at a restaurant with 50 people and ask for an assorted plate the proprietor will kill a beast and prepare loaves of bread for your party just so they can all partake of the assorted plate. However in Australia it doesn't work that way; if you have 4 people it is wise to order 2 assorted plates so that each person has enough.
If you wanted more bread you just needed to order more which incidentally is actual genuine French baguettes which come from France par baked.
Since you left nothing on your plates or in your cups we assumed everything was pretty good.
Then the actual offence started.
You and your friends came to the counter to pay with a $100 bill. Now I know in country Switzerland every proprietor has unlimited change for just such a situation but this is not the case in Australia. We don’t keep a lot of change because most people pay by card. However this was not acceptable to you and you literally exploded. You and your male friends with pointed fingers and raised voices. Your verbal abuse lasted several minutes and left me extremely shaken. In Australia this is termed offensive, abusive and threatening behaviour and is unlawful and your behaviour has been reported to the local police.
Since you are so concerned about the fact that our property is for sale you may also know that many other restaurant properties on Mt Tamborine are also for sale. Finally it is good that you have decided not to return because you are persona non grata at La Ferme Provencale and will not be admitted on the premises ever again. Should you or any of your party return the Police will immediately be called.

Reviewed 6 December 2015

Second visit for us and we were as impressed as we were the first time.
We are French and sitting at Isabelle's table reminds us of the family Sunday lunches back home.
The food is amazing, made from scratch and the view from the terrace is great.
Make sure you try the mains like the Boeuf Bourguignon !
Definitely a must go when visiting Mount Tamborine and even worth the drive from the Gold Coast or Brisbane.

1  Thank Francois G
Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

My partner and I decided to take the trip on a saturday lunchtime to try out the crepes at this restaurant which had received good reviews and I was excited by the prospect of trying some authentic food! Firstly, we did not get served for atleast 10 minutes and it was only because I went up and asked to order that my order was taken (I was under the impression it was table service). Then came the drinks. For $5 I got a glass of what could have been plain tap water and a shot of cordial. My partner got a watery glass of milk with some flavouring in it aswell for a higher price. Not a good start. Secondly, the food. I ordered a smoked salmon crepe which was supposed to be served with sour cream and capers. What I got was a smoked salmon crepe with a disgusting amount of cold pouring cream drowning it on my plate. Now I am no chef but I am sure I know the difference between the two. My partner's order was better, atleast it was warm. On leaving, the owner asked how everything was and I mentioned the cream instead of sour cream and she ignored me! I was not at all impressed with the service (atleast the young girl and guy smiled) or the food! The only saving grace was the views its a shame the whole experience was a disappointment. Will not be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

Lovely to see someone who is so passionate about cooking and her food!! Everything we had was so amazing. We came for a quick snack and just stayed!!!! Lovely desserts, lovely atmosphere. Will definitely go again.