“Authentic French Cuisine”

Price range: USD 12 - USD 24
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Ferme Provencale is a traditional French Restaurant located on stunning Mt Tamborine, Gold Coast. French chef, Isabelle Thorpe delivers a little piece of France with every meal where you experience a wide variety of exotic and beautiful French tastes. Come and enjoy great food, browse through our emporium and relax with friends.
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Second visit for us and we were as impressed as we were the first time.
We are French and sitting at Isabelle's table reminds us of the family Sunday lunches back home.
The food is amazing, made from scratch and the view from the terrace is great.
Make sure you try the mains like the Boeuf Bourguignon !
Definitely a must go when visiting Mount Tamborine and even worth the drive from the Gold Coast or Brisbane.

1  Thank Francois G

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

My partner and I decided to take the trip on a saturday lunchtime to try out the crepes at this restaurant which had received good reviews and I was excited by the prospect of trying some authentic food! Firstly, we did not get served for atleast 10 minutes and it was only because I went up and asked to order that my order was taken (I was under the impression it was table service). Then came the drinks. For $5 I got a glass of what could have been plain tap water and a shot of cordial. My partner got a watery glass of milk with some flavouring in it aswell for a higher price. Not a good start. Secondly, the food. I ordered a smoked salmon crepe which was supposed to be served with sour cream and capers. What I got was a smoked salmon crepe with a disgusting amount of cold pouring cream drowning it on my plate. Now I am no chef but I am sure I know the difference between the two. My partner's order was better, atleast it was warm. On leaving, the owner asked how everything was and I mentioned the cream instead of sour cream and she ignored me! I was not at all impressed with the service (atleast the young girl and guy smiled) or the food! The only saving grace was the views its a shame the whole experience was a disappointment. Will not be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

Lovely to see someone who is so passionate about cooking and her food!! Everything we had was so amazing. We came for a quick snack and just stayed!!!! Lovely desserts, lovely atmosphere. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

we ordered coffee and scones and were advised we could not pay until we were leaving. On departure we tried to pay with cash only to be advised she did not have cash so we would have to use our Card. As we were tourists we did not have an eftpos card and only had cash on us. She quite rudely told us she is not a bank and does not have cash. Our Australian friends used their eftpos card. In all my travelling, I have never struck this so warn anyone going there to check before ordering if you want to use cash.

1  Thank SistersTrip2010
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Not particularly looking for French cuisine - we were drawn in by the 'best scones' and 'art gallery' signage. Ordered a 'devonshire tea' (with a coffee) and two cups of hot chocolate. Scones with jam & cream arrived at the table, and the first of the drinks arrived almost 10 minutes later. I wonder how hard it can be for a restaurant to et such basic timing right? The hot chocolates were very weak and left us feeling somewhat dissatisfied. Definitely not the rich Belgian style we were expecting,and definitely not worth the $5.90 price point. We also felt let down by the service - very slow, with no attention to detail.

1  Thank Karen B