If you are going to Guadeloupe (and you probably aren't unless you are French) don't stay @ this place! It's overpriced, the food is just weird, and the beach is MAN MADE. Not to mention they LOCK THE GATE to the beach between 6 and 7pm every evening. I'm not sure why as the are does not seem unsafe.
Also the staff is rude - especially if "tu ne parle pas Francais!" And don't expect to be able to sleep w/o earplugs before 10pm because they play obnoxious club music or have karoke every night in the main bar area.
If you are headed to Guadelope, try to stay near Saint Anne's beach - it's much nicer over there - at least the nice, natural beach will make up for anything else :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the renovated Karibea Beach Resort Gosier Freshly renovated in 2015, the Karibea Beach Resort invites you to lazy or active holidays, couple, family or friends in a welcoming and comfortable environment. At the heart of a lush tropical garden, the Karibea Beach Resort Gosier covers a vast area with paths dotted with bougainvillea and palm trees that will lead you to a beautiful white sandy beach. Located in the seaside resort of Gosier, on the Guadeloupe Riviera at the Pointe de la Verdure, and the edge of a large sandy beach bordered by turquoise waters, the Karibea Beach Resort Clipper hotel is just a few kilometers from the Pointe-à-Pitre airport. It is an ideal place for a seaside holiday. First tourist resort of the island, Gosier is ideally located halfway between Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre, making it the starting point for many day or half-day trips. Accommodation The Karibea Beach Resort has 89 rooms in the hotel Clipper. All rooms measure 24 m2, are furnished in blond wood and have a balcony with stunning views of the hotel’s flower gardens or the turquoise sea. Each room is air conditioned and equipped with safe, fridge, telephone and also has free WiFi and cable TV. Three types of rooms are available: - 36 rooms with two twin beds (90 cm) with 10 rooms with 2 beds (100 cm), - 53 rooms with 1 double bed (160 cm), - Two rooms for disabled guests. Services For your comfort, at the Karibea Beach Resort Gosier, internet access via WIFI is free and unlimited on the entire site. • Luggage room • Courtesy Room for transit • Safe • Car Rental Service • Tour Desk • Daily maid service • Laundry service • Free parking • Press • 1 shop • Loan service (iron and ironing board, plug adapter) • Beach Towels (with deposit) • Computer station equipped with an internet connection available • babysitting service (subject to availability, inquire at reception) Dining Le Saintois Restaurant Completely renovated in 2015 and facing the turquoise sea with a view on Basse-Terre and its volcano "la Soufrière", treat yourself with a nice start to your day with breakfast outdoors on the terrace or indoors, served as a complete buffet. Decorated in soft natural tones favoring brightness, the restaurant le Saintois offers a rich buffet with different varieties of breads, pastries, delicious tropical fruit, hot dishes (sausage, scrambled eggs and boiled ...) , cold meats, cheeses and dairy products and cereals. Coté drinks, fruit juices and hot drinks are available. At night discover Creole cuisine and local products, meals are served from 19:30 to 21:30. Pelican à la carte restaurant Freshly renovated and expanded, directly on the beautiful beach with turquoise waters, enjoy this pleasant brasserie opened for lunch and dinner and offers local dishes, salads, pizzas, ice cream and refreshing drinks. Guests will enjoy the tradewinds whilst admiring the beautiful beach of Gosier, with a backdrop view of Basse Terre and its volcano "la Soufriere" on one side and the lovely islet of Gosier on the other. Throughout the day you can also enjoy a drink while admiring the view. Le Gommier Bar This bar will set the pace for your evenings with its local music, perfect for relaxing after a day at the beach and for enjoying one of our delicious rum cocktails. Opened from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Le Gommier is located in the entertainment hall. Activities Complimentary services During your stay, you can relax around the pool of the resort. Renovated and refurbished in 2015, the pool area offers a clear view and opens onto the turquoise sea, the eye is drawn towards the horizon with a backdrop view of Basse-Terre and its majestic volcano la Soufrière" and the archipelago of Les Saintes. A new cozy and comfortable lounge area has been created where you will relax in a soothing ambience and enjoy the view. The pool, along with a paddling pool for children, invites you to an afternoon of relaxation and lazing around enjoying the view over the sea. For your convenience, we have thought of everything : Loan of beach towels, sunbeds and umbrellas are available. Along the beach, you can play beach volleyball, beach football, beach tennis and beach rugby. You can also enjoy the petanque, ping-pong tables and two tennis courts (free of charge except lights at night time). At night, enjoy a rich and fun entertainment program that varies with the seasons. You can for example relax by listening to a folk group, or have fun with karaoke, games and other dances. Once a week during high season, a small market takes place in the resort for you to discover local crafts. For the kids : Children's club Ti Manmay Take time for you, our team will take care of your children with a fantastic entertainment program : sports and water activities, cultural and artistic workshops and games. Opened to children from 5 to 11 years old. Timetables from 8:30 am to 17h, opened during french school holidays every day except Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays. The presentation of the updated vaccination record is mandatory. Pre-registration at the reception of the resort. Price: Free without meals or 20€ per child per day for lunch and an afternoon snack. Paid Services Wellness and beauty moment, we welcome you in the heart of a zen space to relax and unwind. The center of wellness and beauty offers a moment of pure rest and relaxation. You can enjoy a massage in the garden facing the turquoise sea or a range of treatments for body and face, manicure and feet ... Our water sports center, located on the beach of the Karibea Beach Resort Gosier Clipper hotel, opens every day from 8:30 to 18:00. From jet skiing to diving, through hikes, excursions, or the sensational "Flyboard", we offer a wide range of activities and water sports in a safe environment and supervised by professionals. Discover the surroundings The Gosier Pointe de la Verdure district has many restaurants and shops within walking distance from the resort. The Gosier casino, located 5 min walking distance from the resort, offers in addition to slot machines and gamble tables, a cinema and a theater. Gosier is ideally situated in the heart of Guadeloupe making it the starting point for many day trips or half-day. The Gosier islet, reached by boat from the pier located 3 min drive from the Karibea Beach Resort Gosier Clipper hotel, is a little paradise. Within a few minutes sailing for a very reasonable price, you can enjoy the splendid panorama that will offer you for this islet with sublime white sandy beaches lined with coconut trees. Marina Bas du Fort, a few minutes drive from the Karibea Beach Resort Gosier Clipper hotel, offers a lively and vibrant setting for your nights and has many restaurants, bars and clubs. Distances : International Airport : 17 min by car, 12 km The marina : 10 min by car, 5 km Pointe à Pitre : 12 min by car, 7 km Sainte Anne : 22 min by car, 15 km Saint François : 40 min by car, 30 km Le Moule : 40 min by car, 30 km La Pointe des Châteaux : 50 min by car, 40 km Morne à l’eau : 27 min by car, 19 km Carbet water falls : 55 min by car, 51 km Deshaies : 1h by car, 68 km La Soufrière volcano : 1h15 by car, 71 km ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Karibea Beach Resort Gosier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karibea Beach Resort Gosier Hotel Gosier
- Hotel Karibea Salako Beach
- Resort Karibea Salako Beach
- Karibea Beach Resort Gosier Le Gosier, Guadeloupe