“Excellent Food”
Review of Conon Bridge Hotel

Conon Bridge Hotel
Ranked #15 of 16 Dingwall B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We went here for dinner one night during our stay in the area and what can I say? The food was exceptional.
Beautiful breaded camembert with cranberry sauce for starters, followed by an exquisite Chicken Balmoral with locally sourced haggis for main, and the best floater coffee I've ever tasted to finish. All at a good price too.
Excellent, attentive service as well. The guy on the bar said he normally chef's at the hotel but was helping out waiting tables as they were short staffed. He was a credit to the hotel.
I did not stay overnight at the hotel so cannot comment on the rooms (Ive just given 5 stars for everything anyway) but I came back to the area I'd certainly consider doing so as the overnight rates looked reasonable. I would thoroughly recommend a visit here on the strength of the food alone.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miss_Kitty_Edinburgh

Reviewed 27 October 2010

When i arrived on the monday night after a 9 hour drive i asked about food and the reply i got was ' i will ask the chef and see how he feels ' , this was 1.5 hrs before the restaraunt was due to close.
There were some very noisy young girls swearing loudly in the public bar which was carrying through to the lounge where myself and others were having our meal.
The television had only 1 channel available.
When i went for a wash in the morning i found there was no hot water.
I decided to check out after having breakfast even tho i had booked in for 4 nights.
The chef was in charge of the booking out and when he asked me why i was checking out early i told him about the lack of hot water and no tv channels.
He apologised to me and said that it was a regular occurence!
When he called the manager asking about how to deal with this the manager asked to speak with me.
I explained my reasons wth him about my premature departure.
He then pointed out to me about his hotel policy of a 2 day payment in the event of cancelling after the first night.
I said i would pay for my 1 night which i had stayed but not for 2 nights due to my complaints and reasons for leaving in the first place.
He basically said i was lying and showed no compassion to my circumstances whatsoever, and wouldnt change his mind about charging me for the 2 days.
After i refused he told the chef nt to charge me anything.
When i checked with the credit card company later i found he had charged me for the 2 days and taken it off my card .
Im sure i'm not the first person to fall foul of this hotel nor will i be the last.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank terrano22
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I do not recognise the hotel from some of the previous comments. I had a lovely big room well furnished and so comfortable the staff were wonderful, and friendly and the food was good too no complaints at all and would certainly recommend it

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My only tiny complaint would be the lumpy mattress in my single room, but that can be fixed easily and cheaply by the owners.

Other than that I loved this place. It is well situated on the main street in Conon Bridge and you can walk along the nearby River.

The best thing about this place was the food. I had a great "lamb shank" followed by the best ever Sticky Toffee Pudding which was so gorgeous I photographed it to post on here (how sad?!!!).

The dining room is nicely illuminated and cosy and the host and staff were all very pleasant. The breakfast in the morning was simply outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2010

stayed for 2 nights good value for money had really goodnights sleep staff pleasant and helpful lovely breakfast you cant please everyone .i would stay again

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dingwall
3.1 km away
Dingwall Guest House
#12 of 16 in Dingwall
0.2 km away
Bikers B&B at The Whitehouse

Been to Conon Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!