“Lovely Tasty Food And Friendly Staff”

Himalaya Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 103 Restaurants in Bridgnorth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of the oldest restaurants in the area, the Himalaya Tandoori Restaurant in Bridgnorth has served traditional Indian food for over 35 years. Cooking with only the finest ingredients and sourcing locally whenever possible ensures that the Himalaya Restaurant produces mouth-watering dishes that ensure diners keep returning. “I am proud that I have had the opportunity to serve this community for so many years, I have served food to 3 generations and it’s a good feeling to know that they enjoy our food”. Dave, Owner Although the Himalaya Tandoori Restaurant buys produce locally there are some special spices that the Chef will travel significant distances to source, it is this need for perfection that delights diners at the Himalaya Indian Restaurant in Bridgnorth.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went last night, haven't been for a couple of years. We had a lovely tasty meal, the chicken melted in your mouth. Staff very friendly. Certainly will be going back more often.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We visited the Himalaya on Sunday 25th /March.4 of us and we all commented on the wonderful flavours of the cooked to order food.
I have been eating Curry`s for over 50 years. and last Sunday`s Curry will take some beating.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Got to agree with the “Very Bland” review also. Wife’s main Rogan Josh was was watery and too Hot (chilli). Fair enough they took it away and replaced it with a fresh dish, heat sorted, but unfortunately it was still below average in quality, as looked and tasted like tomato soup. Needless to say it didn’t get eaten. My dish Chicken Tikka Sagwalla, was also very watery and lacking in flavour. I would normally expect curry dishes to be rich and thick, flavoured with aromatic herbs and spices, neither of which were. Garlic Naan was nicest part of order.
Waiter looked at my wife’s untouched dish, but didn’t really question why, and by then I didn’t really feel like going through any more. Paid in full and left

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Our Indian of choice for years. We normally take away and have never been let down by a meal here. Recently been awarded and rightly so.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Great food and great hosts. Very kind to us visitors last Wednesday (they know what they did). Highly recommended.