“Just perfect”

La Tavernetta
Ranked #28 of 48 Restaurants in Carnforth
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

What a little gem this place is. It's small but perfectly formed!!
Having read a few of the negative reviews I just needed to put mine on as our experience was great. The atmosphere was buzzing, singing chef from behind the scenes, friendly front of house staff, super menu with choice for everyone, good selection of wines.... ours was cold!! And amazing value for money.
Thanks for a really memorable night.
We'll be back

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Have tried La Tavernetta a few times now since it has been taken over and at first gave them the benefit of the doubt as it may of been teething problems when new owners take over.
However the pizzas are just as dissapointing now as they were a few weeks ago which is a shame as they used to be the talk of the village when made by the previous owner.
The pizzas were of the same quality that kids make when doing cookery classes at school or helping gran in the kitchen.....far too much flour on the pizza base to stop it sticking and the base itself was undercooked and tasted of undercooked dough. My 7 inch Calazone was bland dry and tasteless and as I cut into it I was somewhat shocked to find no tomato sauce within the Calazone although I must confess the menu never said it did contain tomato sauce, you just expect it to ....to have a folded pizza just containing mushroom,salami and Mozzarella is too dry especially when considering how much flour is stuck to the pizza bread.
Please employ someone that can make a decent pizza that have tasty well filled toppings and that can produce a worthy dough that is not over worked undercooked and plastered in dry flour.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

This was the only eating establishment that wasn't booked out last night (Sat) which should have been a warning! I never like to rate anywhere poor but unfortunately our experience here was not good. The menu is not exactly what you expect from a restaurant of this name, we heard from locals it has been taken over in the last 3 weeks.

The starters were ok although my mushrooms in a garlic creamy sauce was more a cream soup with a few mushrooms. It got worse with the main, we ordered pizza which we could barely cut even with a pizza cutter as the base was rock hard, its a shame as the toppings were good. We left most of it but wasn't asked if it was ok! We also asked for a large mixed salad ad got served a small amount of rocket with a cherry tomato cut in half!

The lady serving was very friendly and attentive but when I mentioned the white wine was warm, she offered an ice cube, unfortunately it was too warm to recover and when we paid the bill at the end of the meal my wine glass was still full and I mentioned again about the white wine being warm. She didn't apologise or offer to take it off the bill just that she would turn the fridge temp up!!

Apparently this place was run by an Italian man and it was excellent unfortunately I cannot say the same now! Shame as could a great little place if they got the right chef and upped their game with the wine list.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

We were lucky to get a table before the rush started I think as this place is an absolute gem! Warm, welcoming, friendly and relaxed - wonderful service and fantastic food - we simply couldn't ask for any more. It's a small establishment so there is a lovely atmosphere and we simply couldn't fault it.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

After a long walk round the falls we stumbled across this gem of a place , the staff were so friendly (and funny ) we could hear the 2 lady chefs singing away in the kitchen ,honestly we could have sat there all nite , the food was truly wonderfully I had Kingprawn salad it was so nicely presented , my friend had a pizza, she let me try it it was delicious, defo defo coming back .