“Great upmarket pub food”
Review of New Inn, Yealand

New Inn, Yealand
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Carnforth
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Visited two evening for food whilst staying locally. Would recommend the fish and chips, also the Veggie burger. Pleasant surroundings and wonderful log fire.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We went for an early evening meal on a Saturday night as a family and really enjoyed it. Loads of parking and really welcoming atmosphere. Staff were very good, particularly as one of our family has a severe peanut allergy and they gave total confidence about the food. Food itself was lovely and arrived quickly. It was quiet when we arrived but filled up by the time we left. Prices are not cheap but reasonable given the quality. Kids menu is excellent value and again really good quality. Very enjoyable all round. Would be great to visit just for a drink as well as food.

1  Thank 12MD34
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Well, I never thought I’d be writing this but despite being regular customers here since it reopened I won’t be returning. What a difference a few days makes! Went earlier in the week and had a super meal as usual, however, tonight was terrible for the following reasons:
1) Meal deal is now very poor and is simply a little off the main price on certain dishes..... despite the fact it’s still conveniently advertised on the website as being the original 50% off!!
2) New menu is really lacking.
3) Pizzas used to be excellent but now are terrible, very doughy and undercooked. Beef strips on top were like
chewing rubber... very poor! Has there been a change of chef or management here????
4) Drinks not good either, watery coke and no draught cider.

What has happened to this once lovely place. I even heard a couple on a nearby table saying much the same thing.... I do hope things improve and I don’t want to talk about the weather with the waitresses!! What ?? Get a grip New Inn!!
I really do hope someone reads this and acts on it because I now have to find a new favourite restaurant.

4  Thank Gahbn
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Overcooked meals, slow service, stringy lamb, tough roast potatoes, burned and rubbery haddock, rather unseasoned and bland food. Presentation was fine, but taste a real letdown.

3  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Went with my partner and my two dogs for lunch. The staff were extremely attentive and friendly and the early bird special meant we could enjoy a lovely yet cheap meal. Although it was a monday, they were very busy, but still didn’t take long to be seated. The food was amazing. :)