All reviews rooftop pool nice hotel stayed for nights huge balcony perfect english the young lady room was a decent size plenty of choice reception staff no tea coffee making facilities out of season walk in shower their job quality food hotel bar room was spotless breakfast buffet
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is a great hotel - large airy bedrooms, comfortable beds with crispy sheets and all immaculately clean. The staff on reception were efficient and very helpful. We had lunch which was both tasty and well presented served in the outside bar. The bar is popular with both guests of the hotel and visitors and despite being very busy serving drinks and food the young lady provided an excellent service and remained cheerful. There hotel is situated in a very busy area with lots of bars and restaurants and is an easy walk to the beach. I did not use the roof top pool but it seemed popular with other guests.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I spent 5 nights at the hotel and I was very happy with the standards it had to offer. The room was clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable. The staff hotel were very friendly and helpful. There was a big selection of food at breakfast.
It is also very good value for money. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Thi B
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Stayed for three nights, early Feb 2018. I had stayed before, about 15 years ago, so was happy to return. I think the 4-star rating is accurate. Room was a decent size, bed was comfortable (Room 314) and it had a large balcony. Good controllable central heating/air-con, good and plentiful hot water decent bath/shower. Bathroom was very big. Safe in room controlled by room key. Free Wi-Fi in room. Two free bottles of water in fridge, a nice touch.
Checking-in staff were friendly and efficient, and being out of season there was no problem taking my room early. Check-out was fast and they called me a taxi for the airport which arrived in about 3 or 4 minutes.
Breakfast buffet had an excellent choice - full English and continental components, plus fruit, cereals, yoghurt and pastries etc. Always had chilled Cava available at breakfast too, plus fruit juice, tea (PG Tips) and coffee etc. Was impressed to find skimmed milk every morning.
I tried the evening meal buffet once, this was quite reasonable for the price, and I left feeling full, but it was nothing too special so ate out on other evenings. I did find the resturant manager on duity that night impossible to communicate with, he wasn't rude, but I couldn't seem to get a glass of Cava to accompany my meal. I knew it wasn't free in the evening, but couldn't work out how to buy a glass to go with my meal. It seemed strange as the meal was an extra to be paid for, surely I could have paid for a glass of wine also?
The evening meal was the only minor issue and I will stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

The room was very spacious and clean.

The service in the bar by the young girl was excellent and the bar prices very reasonable for a hotel.

However we were very disappointed with the evening choice and quality in the restaurant and only ate there once . The breakfast was a little improved we have to say-we also tried a bar snack but this again was a little disappointing.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Reading the positive reviews on here I'm really struggling to see that I stayed at the same hotel. Booked last minute to stay for 3 days to enjoy 'los Reyes magos' with our daughter. Booked a family room which appeared to be the only option (no option to upgrade to suite etc). While the room was very clean it was very tired and worn. The matresses were like bricks, the sheets and towels were very threadbare, it just wasn't very comfortable room. We asked for mattress toppers which was provided and made the beds a little more bearable.
On the second night a very large group of 'supporters' arrived and completely took over the hotel. They were placed in rooms surrounding ours. They were VERY noisy until 4AM and our daughter was very frightened and upset as she thought there was fighting going on. I complained the next morning and was told to return after 3pm to move room. I don't understand what type of hotel would put such a large group next to rooms with young children? I'm sure there must have been other options available to the hotel staff and with a bit of forward planning we could've been put elsewhere and kept this large group together. The hotel has a responsibility to ensure all guests are comfortable not just the large groups allowed to overrun the place. There is absolutely no doubt that this ruined our break.
We were moved to one of the apartments to the rear of the hotel, which again was clean but not particularly comfortable or sound proof!
I sent feedback to the hotel and have received a response from the management. In my feedback I pointed out other 4* hotels even 3* hotels which are better than this one and the response was basically you get what you pay for! Which I completely agree with and would not stay here again or recommend to others.

Room tip: Choose another hotel!
Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AG2010
Raúl A, Gerente at Hotel Traina, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Customer

Seeing that you are making another negative comment on another website, and after receiving an answer from us, I understand that you want to start a war against us to hurt us in which we do not want to participate.

As I told you before, the problem with mattresses depends on each client. The mattresses are new and firm. There are clients who love mattresses and others who think they are very hard. We have more options to make it easier for customers. As you saw, from the reception department everything possible is done to please the clients, doing what is necessary for their comfort. We understand that the German fan group was noisy. Of course, we try to ensure the comfort of all customers, although the behavior of these is not always we would like.

It is very difficult to please a million different preferences. We are very sorried that yours has not been satisfied. But fortunately, as you can see in the comments on this and other websites, most of our customers are satisfied.

When we moved you to an apartment in Bahía Aparthotel (one of the best qualified in the Region of Murcia), you also found noise, this time for a family with children. Maybe the problem is not the hotels ...

Our comment was not that you get what you pay for. It was that this website, Trypadvisor, has awarded us the prize for the hotel with the best value for money in the Region of Murcia two months ago. You compared us with one of the most prestigious 4 * hotels in Alicante and our advice was to stay in hotels with that price and higher.

Whether you like it or not, our hotel is 4 * because it meets some tough quality standards that are required of us. It's not because we want to, it's because the hotel deserves it. Then enter the price quality. It is not the same to stay in a 4 star hotel for € 50 / night than in a 4 star hotel for € 300 / night, which is also available. That is why it is our award for the best value for money, because customers have considered it appropriate.

Kind Regards