“An enjoyable lunch in a lovely town”

Hostaria del Ceccottino
Ranked #9 of 44 Restaurants in Pitigliano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2018

We were staying in wonderful Orvieto and planned Pitigliano as our day trip on a Sunday and based on a NY Times article and Trip Advisor reviews we emailed ahead of time for lunch reservations. I had the duck special which I had not realized was really a salad with slices of duck on top. If I had known better I wish I had ordered pasta. My husband had the tagliatelle with artichokes and was very happy. The service started out very friendly but then they got very busy and we felt they forgot about us. Regardless, it was an enjoyable experience in a lovely town.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 19 January 2018

As a small group we had lunch at this restaurnt on a tour of Pitigliano. The food was excellent, but the service slow.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2017

The hostess where I was staying (Farmhouse Villa Vacasio) recommended this place to me (I even had it on my list of dining options for the area). She made dinner reservations for me on my first night of arrival to Pitigliano. I wanted an early dinner (I was jet-lagged). When I arrived, they didn't seem to have my reservations. Not a problem, as the place was still empty.

In my notes, someone had recommended the tagliatelle al ragu di anatra (pasta with duck sauce) so I ordered it (14 euros). Wow, it was excellent!!! I also ordered a side of grilled vegetables (6 euros), although they were overcooked; and the portion was large and I couldn't eat it all. I had a glass of red wine (4 euros) with dinner.

As I dined, the place filled up.

My total bill came to 23 euros, which has a 3.50 euro discount. I wasn't sure why I received the discount, but I was glad to receive it.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Four of us had lunch here last week and it was outstanding. Seated in a lovely courtyard, excellent food/wine at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We stopped here for lunch while visiting Pitigliano. The location is nice, and we enjoyed sitting outside, with a good view on the square and the church. Good quality products from the region and good vine selection. Definitely worth a stop.

Date of visit: September 2017