“Best Pizza in Tuscany!”
Review of Pizzeria Pummaro'

Pizzeria Pummaro'
Ranked #31 of 63 Restaurants in Pienza
Price range: USD 15 - USD 40
Description: Our pizzeria, located on the left after the entrance of Porta al Prato, one of the gateways to the Ideal City, Pummarò has an internal air-conditioned room and an outdoor dehor positioned in one of the most characteristic squares of Pienza. The pizzas are made with dough from ground stone flour, mother yeast (which is now 7 years old), local organic extravirgin olive oil and denaturalized water. The dough resting at least 48 hours is then seasoned with selected products. In addition to pizzas we also serve salads, selections of pecorino cheese and plate of local mixed cured meat. Wines from local winery, artisan beers produced in San Quirico, drinks from traditional recipes from this area enrich our offer.
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I arrived at Pizzeria Pummaro' late one night just as the restaurant was closing. Maurizio was so generous to stay open late and 'build' us 2 delicious pizzas to take back to our hotel. The pizzas were delicious and Maurizio and his crew were so kind, generous and a lot of fun! We will definitely return for more pizza and fun on our next trip to Tuscany.

Maurizio A, Proprietario at Pizzeria Pummaro', responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Chuck buonasera.
First of all need to APOLOGISE with You for my late reply and then let me THANK You for all the attentions and the time spent on my places.
So sorry that whe You arrived at the hotel was so late and that I had no chance to let You dine at La Terrazza del Chiostro because the kitchen staff was already over with cleaning.
Happy that You enjoyed Pummaro's pizzas.
So.
THANKS to be so patient with us.
THANKS for all Your compliments that I need to forward to all my team.
THANKS to review us on TA.
Waiting to have pleasure to meet You as soon back in Tuscany, please accept all my best and warm regards.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Had read the reviews of this place and promised my two teenage kids a nice pizza. As we headed into Pienza we stopped at the restaurant. Pleasant modern premises, very clean. More than enough choice for us on the menu. We were all really pleased with the pizza. Great friendly service. It took no time for the pizza to arrive after ordering. On the way out of Pienza my son asked if he could get a takeaway pizza to take back with us because he enjoyed the pizza so much. I think that says it all about this place.

Maurizio A, Proprietario at Pizzeria Pummaro', responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear guest good evening.
First of all I need to apologise for my late reply and then say You THANKS!!!
THANKS to Your kids that gave You opportunity to visit us for Your family dinner.
THANKS a lot for al lthe time and the attentions paid on Pummarò.
THANKS fo all Your compliments that, with all my pleasure, I forward to all my young team.
THANKS to review us on TA.
Proud of my team's works that let You enjoyed Your choice and happy for Your full satisfaction, we'll have a pleasure to welcome You again as soon back in Orcia's valley.
All my best regards.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I spent perfect time after getting tired driving car.
Not very special but really tasty)) especialy pizza with mixed cheeses delicious .
The guy asks each 10 minutes "did you like it?"))
Tiramisu and lasagna was good . I reccomend this place especially for launch.

Maurizio A, Proprietario at Pizzeria Pummaro', responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Dear Acum buonasera.
How I could start my reply if not THANK You for time and attention paid on my pizzeria.
THANKS to choose us during Your trip in Pienza.
THANKS for all Your compliments that, proud of their work, I forward to Giuseppe, Aianna, Saif, Luca and Cesare.
THANKS to review us on TA.
Waiting to have pleasure to welcome You personally, next time at Pummarò, please accept my best and warm regards.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Finally, an above average pizza restaurant in the area. Dough is thin (but not too thin!) and slightly burned, imparting a nice texture and a great flavour. A large variety of fresh toppings and ingredients, some very inventive, makes this a place a breath of fresh air and a welcome choice amongst the typical local establishments. This is a destination pizza place, not just for Piena but amongst the neighbouring towns as well. Will certainly come again. Lovely inside, and with a nice outdoor seating area in the piazza. Not fine dining, but satisfying, inexpensive and friendly service. English spoken, as you might expect in Pienza. Loved it all.

1  Thank not-a-redshirt
Maurizio A, Proprietario at Pizzeria Pummaro', responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear Guest good morning.
As a first thing need to say You THANKS.
THANKS for time and attention paid on Pumarò.
THANKS to come and visit us during Your trip in Pienza.
THANKS for all Your compliments.
THANKS to decide to review our pizzeria on TA.
Waiting to meet You as soon back in Tuscany.
Best regards.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

Just stopped here for a quick bottle of Prosecco in this lovely village. Did not eat so can't comment on food but a nice setting outside.

Maurizio A, Proprietario at Pizzeria Pummaro', responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear Rudy buongiorno.
THANKS to choose us even if only for bottle of prosecco, THANKS to comment it on TA and THANKS for You compliment about our outside setting.
Waiting the opportunity to let You taste our food and to meet You personally I'm sending You all my best regards.