All reviews every morning the owner a special place beautiful place every guest beautiful pool cakes tuscany setting
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Myself and my husband stayed for 1 week in July 2017 for our belated honey moon.
A friend of mine who lived in Florence for 11 years being a private tour organiser recommended me as "the best view in Tuscany", and that was just true.
We enjoyed the view from Le Traverse every single moment, sitting down in front of our room opening a bottle we bought from wine tasting a day before or dipping ourselves in the swimming pool.
The location is perfect to drive around for wine tasting and also many beautiful villages to take a walk.

We had the best breakfasts in Italy, too. Every morning for 1 week, we had different freshly home-made cake every day. As the owner Mrs.Pinuccia told us "the 60% of the reason for the food to taste good is when it's freshly made", everything is cooked just before served with fresh ingredients. All are so simple, including her famous home-made jam and olive oil, but all are perfect.

And the true treasure of Le Traverse is the owner, Pinuccia. Her hospitality, warm heart, and her funny stories in the morning... she made our honeymoon totally memorable.

The reason I didn't put "excellent" on room & value are if you look for a luxurious hotel room or a cheaper B&B, there are another ones.
But still, Le Traverse is the best of the best.

If I raise 1 possible issue for some people, the wifi connection is not good. But the view and the tranquility make you want to go on digital detox anyway so I felt it was even better.

We will go back to stay and see her.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2016

This is my 4th stay at Le Traverse and a very special one. My wife and I took our 3 sons and their 3 beautiful wives to celebrate all of their 25th anniversaries. Yes, they were all married in the same year. We used all four rooms. Pinnucia was a gracious and welcoming hostess to all of us. Our children finally got to meet our favorite Italian aristocrat. They loved her. It was such a treat to once again be with her and have her spoil us. Because this was a special trip I asked her to help me plan our stay. She planned most of our meals and daily excursions. It could not have been more perfect. The accommodation were as before 5 star and the kids loved the pool.
Thank you Pinuccia for a wonderful stay. Ciao,ciao
Chuck [USA]

Room Tip: All 4 are great
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2016

My wife and I had the privilege of staying at Le Traverse just few km outside The walled hilltop town of Pienza. I cannot recommend it highly enough. The views are stunning from this wonderfully restored old house on top of the hill.
Pinuccia is a wonderful host and made us feel very welcome.
I had the luck to share my wife's birthday there, and it was memorable as Pinuccia had prepared a cake for her that morning and we were able to share a glass of champagne with all the other guests there and with our hostess.
From relaxing by the pool, to getting up early in the morning to take photos of the house and the surrounding countryside, to exploring the UNESCO heritage listed Val d'Orcia
was memorable.
Pinuccia was able to recommend and book restaurants for us as well as giving some great advise on things to see.
My only regret is that Australia is so far away and I can not take advantage of the great hospitality more frequently but we certainly have it as must go again place.
The rooms are elegantly designed in the character of the hostess.

Room Tip: One room is in the main house. The other 3 seperate. Awesome place to book as one group.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Le Traverse sits on a hill overlooking the beautiful Tuscan landscape. There's nothing better than being served breakfast on the terrace - everything fresh and homemade . Your host, Panuccia, is warm and witty and a fountain of knowledge of the area and of the world. She is absolutely delightful!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2016

No review of Le Traverse would be complete without singing the praises of Pinuccia. She is a smart, worldly host with a very generous heart. The grounds were breathtaking and the suites were independent and gorgeous. Breakfasts outside the room were plentiful and delicious. The staff was sweet and accommodating and the pool was fantastic. Pinuccia made dinner reservations for our first night and made arrangements for us to visit a winery another day. The attention to detail is notable and we would not hesitate to recommend Le Traverse with glowing accolades.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family