“The stories of the wines I bought here lingered longer than the taste of them”
Review of Enoteca Di Ghino

Enoteca Di Ghino
Ranked #4 of 34 things to do in Pienza
More attraction details
Owner description: Enoteca di Ghino is one of the most important Italian wine shop.Here you can find from the best local wine price/quality to the best wine in the world,included a great selection of Rhum,whisky,Cognac etc.. At Enoteca di Ghino you have the possibility to do every day wine tasting of local wine,champagnes,spirits and not only followed by the Sommelier Patrick. Se have a small room with 4 tables where you can enjoy your Glass of wine with calm and relax.
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Absolutely the best wine buying and tasting experience I've ever had. I want to return to Pienza and this will be my first stop back!

Date of experience: September 2016
in 11 reviews
"sons"
"montepulciano"

Reviewed 14 October 2016

On a Tuscan walking tour, our guide set up a visit to l'Enoteca di Ghino. They had five wines open for us and we tasted through those. I generally do not buy wine in Italy to have shipped to the U.S. but I did these as 3 of the wines were extraordinary and not readily available (or at all available) in the US. There was no pressure to buy - just a discussion of the wines. I spent time walking around the shop and there is an excellent selection of wines, focused (of course) on Tuscany. The wines range from the very high end to good wines in the 10 Euro range. Great shop, great people. And I'm awaiting the arrival of my wines with great anticipation!!

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Randy C
Reviewed 10 August 2016

We found the place by accident by looking at the beautiful selection of Tignanello wine bottles in the shop-window. This is my favourite Tuscan wine and wanted to get a couple of bottles so went in. Inside you find a very traditional, warm and welcoming series of rooms, full of different types of wine. And you find Ghino who is the heart of this shop. He was full of smiles, paid attention and answered all of our questions and let us try even very expensive wines. When I described him what type I am looking for he grabbed one bottle from a shelf and opened it for me. It was really The Taste I was after... And it even fitted my budget. Ghino knows everything about wines, he speak several languages and is a true Tuscan host. I definitely recommend his shop.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Niki C
Reviewed 15 July 2016

We wanted to do some wine tasting in tuscany and were looking forward to bringing an exceptional bottle of local red wine back home. In Montepulciano everything looked as if it just exists for tourists. And then we found Ghino in Pienza, who is the contrary. He welcomed us warmly and offered us a taste of a variety of his wines for free. Furthermore, he wouldn't offer us only the expensive wines but also bottles starting from around 12 Euros. In the end we found our exceptional bottle and it was a surprisingly great experience.

Date of experience: July 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 June 2016

We found this on trip advisor and Ghino lived up to the reviews. We were able to sample wines that were definitely out of our budget (although we did buy one to celebrate our time in Tuscany). There was no pressure at all to buy these wines. He did offer us some very good wines in the 10-12 Euro range which we have enjoyed. He is a very delightful host and also offered us the chance to sample some amazing balsamic vinegars. Expensive, but worth it!!

Date of experience: June 2016