See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the first Agriturismo I've ever stayed in and I'm so glad I chose Casalpiano. We booked three rooms, and from the moment we arrived we felt welcomed and part of the family.
The family are very very accommodating and welcoming. They made our stay so special and memorable and the time we spent here is probably the highlight of our two week trip to Italy.

The farm is very close to Pienza and Monticchiello (both can be viewed from the gardens) and is easy to find.

We had two of the standard rooms and another two bedroom apartment. All the rooms were decorated well, clean and comfortable. Two of the rooms had direct access to gardens and swimming pool (which we used). It is set in an incredibly quiet, tranquil and pretty part of the Tuscan countryside. Many of the famous images and postcards of the region were taken near here.

There are plenty of towels and pillows in the rooms.

We opted to have a 4 course meal cooked for us by the family which was SUPERB. The best food we had during our entire trip in Italy. The Tuscan Soup was amazing, as was the lamb, the lasagne - all of it. And so lovely to have home cooking using ingredients from the farm. Almost all of the food we ate was grown or reared and prepared on the farm. They even make their own wine and olive oil (we took some olive oil home as it was so good - only 10 Euros a bottle and vastly superior to any you buy in the stores)

The family joined us for dinner, talking to us and joking and making us feel so welcome.

It really was such a memorable, pleasurable stay and I wish Katia, Cinzia and the rest of the family all the best with the business. They deserve to be very busy and make lots of money.

I cannot wait to come back and stay here again.

Beautiful!
Cannot recommend any higher!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Horizonx30
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Casalpiano was a perfect example of how we expected a typical Tuscan farmhouse to be. We stayed in the room Il Pozzo which met all our needs and is beautifully decorated. Even though the farmhouse was fully booked it was always very calm and quiet. Katia and Cinzia, the owners, were really helpful and extremely friendly. We enjoyed a homemade breakfast every morning and a homey atmosphere. As a welcome gift the owners provided all the guests with homemade red wine which was one of the best we have ever drunk. The only downside is that there is no restaurant at the farmhouse and in order to get something to eat one has to drive to either Pienza which is 6 km away or Montichiello which is a bit closer. The road leading to the farmhouse is not so good but that is the trade off in order to stay away from the traffic so it was definitely worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara M
Reviewed 14 June 2012

It was an accident that brought us to this hotel. We never heard about it before, we were only around the area to visit the very lovely town Monticchiello.

The family offered us the most needed hands when no one else could see us. Mamma saw us from their guesthouse at a distance and drove up to us immediately to help us. Papa offered us to the guesthouse while waiting from the police, that's why we got to see what's behind the gates and trees. The family helped me with my cuts, offer us drinks, helped me call my b&b and even spoke to the officials for us. We are not a guest of theirs. If this is not genuine hospitality from the kindest hearts, I don't know what is. And it's because of them the accident was already long forgotten.

Oh their pool and swing in the garden are very lovely. I had a go on the swing with the loveliest little girl of owner. Shame I didn't get a chance to swim. I miss this place soooo much, and the people even more :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank always_jen
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We had a great time in this wonderful agritourismo. From the minute we left the car this was pure vacation. One night the family was preparing a tuscan diner for the guests. And this too turned out to be marvelous. The highlight were the really homemade Pici and a Fiorentina grilled over charcoal. To sum it up we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My family of five just returned from a self-made, one-week walking tour in Tuscany. My wife was thorough in her research, both in terms of where to walk, and where to stay.

We enjoyed agriturismo lodgings, ALL of which were excellent. Casalpiano was our favorite. Why? The family is warm, generous, curious, and kind. Fernando, Babbo (Papa) of the family, makes the olive oil and wine that you enjoy there.

Fernando and his family ate their meals with us, breaking bread with our family. Yes, we were paying guests in their first class agriturismo, but we always felt very welcome in their home.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family