“Fantastic lunch on all levels”

La Terrazza del Chiostro
Ranked #16 of 63 Restaurants in Pienza
Price range: USD 29 - USD 86
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Il ristorante La Terrazza del Chiostro in Pienza è situato all'interno dell'Hotel Relais Chiostro di Pienza, ricavato da un ex convento risalente al XV° secolo. A soli 100 metri dalla cattedrale di Pienza. Il giardino di questo antico monastero, rappresenta ora un'ampia terrazza con affaccio affaccia sulla Val d'Orcia dove, durante la bella stagione, si servono i pranzi e le cene. La sala interna del ristorante è ricavata invece dall'antico refettorio Francescano restaurato di recente. I colonnati del Chiostro, offrono la possibilità di organizzare eventi nuziali o aziendali.
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

The view is obviously amazing from this place but the staff is so welcoming and friendly with recommendations and bringing everything you need. The wine was fantastic from Montepulciano and the spinach pasta with truffles and potato gnocchi with sausage were so delicious - start out with the amazing caprese salad- all around you can't go wrong here, it's a great experience in a beautiful place!

Maurizio A, Proprietario at La Terrazza del Chiostro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear Guest buongiorno.
First of all I MUST SAY YOU THANKS.
THANKS to come and visit us during Your visit to "La Città Ideale"..
THANKS for al Your compliments that, with my pleasure I forward to all my staff.
THANKS of course to decide to review our restaurant on TA.
Proud of my team work and happy for Your full satisfaction I'll have always a pleasure to see You as soon back in Pienza and reserve for You one of our best table on terrace.
Warm regards.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

During my stay in Pienza I stepped upon a jewel of a restaurant. Outstanding menu and wine list. I've worked in the restaurant business for over 30 yrs and never met such a knowledgeable and master of his craft as the owner and maitre d' Maurizio. The staff was impeccable and always concern the we were enjoying our experience. During the afternoon we enjoyed the pool and got to know their mixologist/batman who run a old school English gin bar. His creations and twists to the classics were inspiring. I got to admit I tried to steal his ideas but I just don't have his craftsmanship. Gino

Maurizio A, Proprietario at La Terrazza del Chiostro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Gino buongiorno e buon inizio settimana.
Proud of my team work, as a frst think need to say You THANKS.
THANKS to come and visit us during Your trip in Pienza.
THANKS for all Your compliments that with all my pleasure I'll forward to all my team.
THANKS to decide to review La Terrazza del Chiostro on TA.
Wait the opportunity to have chance to see You as soon You could and enjoy togheter an aperitif on terrace.
Maurizio

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

What else! Meals and the view are divine! Very good wine menue! Service is very friendly and courteous.

Dear Heinz buongiorno.
As a first think I need to THANK You for all Your time and all Your attention paid on our restaurant.
THANKS to come and visit us during Your trip in Pienza.
THANKS for all Your compliments, that with all my pleasure and proud of their work, I forward to my staff.
THANKS, THANKS A LOT to choose La Terrazza del Chiostro as a first restaurant to review on TA.
It will be my pleasure to meet You as soon back in Pienza and reserve You one of our best table at restaurant.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I spend every summer in Tuscany and have been going to lunch at La Terrazzo for 9 years and it is always one of my favorite and also all of my guests. The menu always has a lovely selection of fresh pasta's with sauces that use the famous pecorino cheese of the area. The fish and meat dishes are excellent and I love that the menu changes to reflect what the chef has found to be the freshest for that day/week. Today there was a special dolce a lovely sorbet made with melon and white wine!!!! The staff welcomes everyone like good friends and the service is excellent. It also has an amazing view !! So if you a going to be in Pienza I suggest you book a table before you view the beautiful sites of the this hill town ,so you can enjoy a lovely lunch too!!!!!!

Maurizio A, Proprietario at La Terrazza del Chiostro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

My Dear Linda buonasera.
I'm always honored to see You and Your husband while in holiday in Tuscany and it'll be even a big pleasure to see You in future.
So...GRAZIE.
GRAZIE to come back and visit us again.
GRAZIE for all Your compliments.
GRAZIE MOLTE for Your kind review on TA.
Waiting to have chance to welcome You personally next time, please accept my best regards.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

The view from the terrace of this restaurant is stunning. A perfect view of the Tuscan countryside. We did find the service rather slow. The food was good, though not outstanding. We did, however, find the prices to be on the high side. BUT, what price a view (unless you are sitting on the wrong side of the table!!).

Maurizio A, Proprietario at La Terrazza del Chiostro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Dear Neil buongiorno.
With all my pleasure, I've to start my reply saying THANKS.
THANKS for the attentions paid on our restaurant.
THANKS to decide to come and eat at La Terrazza del Chiostro.
THANKS for all Your compliments.
THANKS for Your review on Trip Advisor.
We will treasure of Your information to improve what can still be improved in service and attention to our Customers.
I'm so glad that You enjoyed Your time here and to hope to have You as my Guest during Your next visit at Pienza and give You one of our best table overlooking Orcia's valley.
Maurizio